Have you seen someone hit a target with pistol at 1000 yards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If that is the Jerry M video then yes I have. Well sort of.... I have determined Jerry isnt really human. :D

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Jerry Miculek Hits A Balloon At 1,000 Yards With A 9 MM Revolver !

[video=youtube;jJ3XwizTqDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw[/video]

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The guy is amazing. Not to take anything away from his shot but he didn't actually hit the balloon. The projectile spalling from his shot is what broke the balloon. Notice he hit a number of inches low left of the actual ballon. Still a awesome shot

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Practice, practice, practice. He gets a metric butt ton of quality reps in, and is obviously also blessed with some fine eye sight and muscle control.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I wonder if he has insurance on his eyes? You know how wine tasters insure their tongue and/or nose, and some singers insure their larynx.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Granted the shot was pure pot luck at that distance, and with that caliber. God, you're doing good enough just to see the plate at that range. But he still has to know the general ballistics of the round he's shooting at that range, in order to even get close to the POI. I've seen similar videos of the late, great Bob Munden pulling off 200 yard shots like that with Bond Arms Derringers and S&W .38 snub nosed revolvers.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not only can he shoot faster than any human being, he can hit what he's aiming at, even at ridiculous ranges! Who said that shooting a revolver double-action accurately can't be learned?

Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    The guy is amazing. Not to take anything away from his shot but he didn't actually hit the balloon. The projectile spalling from his shot is what broke the balloon. Notice he hit a number of inches low left of the actual ballon. Still a awesome shot

Completely agree! Still an amazing shot too get to the steel in the first place. I dont know if i could judje 150ft of hold over in 2 shots.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Love the leisurely time of flight to cover 1000 yds. Surprised no 9x19 fanclub members have stepped in to say how it would deliver superior energy to a 45 at that range. lol

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Well ya know, being the virtual powerhouse the 9x19 is. At that distance it would be like taking a kick from a bullmoose to the chest. If said bull moose was of the termintor/hulk variety of animal lol.
    Love the leisurely time of flight to cover 1000 yds. Surprised no 9x19 fanclub members have stepped in to say how it would deliver superior energy to a 45 at that range. lol

Top Bottom