• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Stopped in a LGS today and they had a used S&W 2214. Don't know all that much about them, but I like the idea that they are a fairly rare find. From what I've read, seems like a pretty good quality gun. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but for 325(seemed like a fair price to me)it came home with me. Like new condition. I field stripped it and it looks to me like it's been fired very little.
    Anyone have any experience/opinions about this pistol?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Great guns. Excellent suppressor host with an adaptor from EWKarms. They can use the larger model 422/41 ten and twelve round mags, though they will portude. $325 is a good price, even betterif you got the box and extra mags. You can also get a barrel wrench from EWK as well.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I just last week bought a S&W 422 which I believe is of similar design as your 2214 only in a larger target style pistol. I haven't got to shoot it much yet but the four magazines that I have shot through it performed perfectly. I bought the EWK Arms barrel wrench and adapter that snorko suggested to you (I bought the adapter specifically made for a Sparrow suppressor). They appear very well made but I have yet to install and test the adapter.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Thanks for all the information. I've checked out the EWK website and plan on getting at least the barrel wrench.
    Mag's seem to be available from a few sources.
    I've never really considered a suppressor. What are the advantages/disadvantages of shooting with one?

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I don't believe there is a huge difference between shooting with or without a suppressor except for making much less noise with the suppressor on the firearm. I have noticed a slight increase in how dirty the action gets when using a suppressor.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom