• ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Well, I know this is an old thread but I will add my recent experience:
    I acquired one of these a few months ago. Yesterday, was my 2nd trip to the range with it.
    On the first trip, I shot through a box of Winchester. 50rnds and it functioned flawlessly. Then I shot 100rnds of 9mm reloads that I get from a reliable local source. Only had 2 failures to eject.
    So far so good, right?
    So yesterday. I took my clean pistol and opened up with some of those good old reloads, and a box of Tula. I did fine with no problems until about 120 rnds into it. I started having all sorts of problems! It all started with failures to eject mostly. Come to find out the magazine follower was the culprit. The follower warped for some reason, mag went to crap and gun is useless with no mag- after roughly 300rnds.
    I do have one spare mag that the gun came with, but after I clean it and attempt to fix the warped mag, it will be solely a novelty, display piece, or maybe a spare trunk gun. This gun is for plinksters only. A High Point might actually be a better choice. Be advised: this gun is a $250 paperweight with no mag, and mags for it are not cheap.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Oh, I want to add the sights are high, but I was hitting a 11x8 sheet of paper at 25yrds... Could not manage a good group with it.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Update: I found replacement mags. The Norinco 213 9mm type 2 mags work just fine :) and they are about half the price of the zastava mags. The type 2 mags are actually 9mm mags, not the retro-refitted Type 1 Norinco 213, 7.62x25 to 9mm, those won't work as they are too wide for the mag well in the Zastava M88a.

Calacaroja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2017
    USA
    There is a Facebook group dedicated to the M88 and M88A guns. "Zastava M88 / M88A Pistol Enthusiasts"
    It is a great resource to all interested in these guns.
    Best regards, CR

Top Bottom