• ...and so much more!
  • speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I have a Bodyguard 380 and the laser stopped working. I replaced the batteries and that's not the issue. The older posts about laser issues didnt really note if the laser can be returned to Smith without the gun. Has anyone actually got a replacement/repair from S&W?

One of the older posts mentioned that the buttons get soft and dont actuate the laser. I pushed the buttons with the laser outside the gun ant it doesnt come on that way either.

Any thoughts on what I can look at to try to get it going would be appreciated. I just want to avoid sending the gun in.

Thanks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Take the laser out of the gun, and make some sort of spacer for between the button and the laser itself, gives you move force when turning it on and sometimes the buttons do get soft.

Could always call Smith too and explain the problem, ask them if they'll send you a new laser, as long as that bastard little alan head screw (older BG380s) doesn't round out, they're easy to replace

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the laser out to inspect it and change the battery. I dont think the buttons got soft because I tried to turn it on outside the gun by pressing the buttons as well. Pretty cheesy design for something that is going to take a regular shock...

Sent an e-mail to Smith but the laser warranty is covered by Insight Laser. I am trying to work it so I dont have to send the whole gun in.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    FYI to anyone else with a bodyguard laser issue - Smith is aware of the Insite laser issues and has a sweet Crimson Trace upgrade kit. It took a while to get because they had to make a retrofit but its delivered and working great.

Top Bottom