• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was fortunate to be off work today so I visited four different shops, I did experience positive costumer service all the way around in every shop but what blew me way is that out of the four shops all but one a lot of the people behind the counter carry VP9's . and of course several of the sales people I talk to suggest to buy the VP9, I did handle the VP9 and while is a great gun is not for me. The biggest turn off is the cost of the mags.

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its a great gun!! Its a shooter for sure... I switched over in June when it came out from my HK USP 40 (a gun I have carried nearly 20 years now)... While I still think the 40 is the way to go, I just shot it so much better than the USP...my first mag out of the box shots 3-15 basically blew out the 10 ring... When they release the VP40, which I would assume will be out next year sometime I will migrate there... As for the mags, I already have a P30 so it was one of the bonuses for me... my mags do double duty... If you are ever up this way and want to shoot one get a hold of me...like I said, its a shooter...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The mag cost totally turned me off from it, I traded mine shortly after I picked it up for something I could use. It shot fine but did nothing my 19 doesn't do as good. IMO

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I'm in the same boat as Ford up there. The VP9 is, by all accounts, an outstanding firearm.

But for some reason I still just shoot my G19 a little better, probably because of all the practice I have with it. I haven't been able to bring myself to sell the VP9 though because it's just too enjoyable. Maybe soon.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    The mag cost does indeed suck, but when I weighed that against all of the other positives it held for me it was still a winner. For the number of mags I need the additional cost is an annoyance I will get over.

YMMV of course, but give it a test-run and see what you think. :)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I took my new VP9 out for the first time today. All I can say is I'm very happy with it. Feels great in the hand with the grip configuration I chose (small left, medium back and large right). Aims naturally and super accurate. I didn't experience any trigger bite some have complained of but I kept my mind on a high grip so this may have helped.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    As much as I despise striker fired pistols, I think I'm going to pick up a VP9 or a PPQ. They're the only two striker fired pistols that I've handled that I feel I could shoot with my acceptable terms of accuracy. Could never shoot a glock worth a darn. 2.5"-3" groups at 10yds is combat effective but not acceptable to me.

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    id love to buy a p30. ive heard nothing but great things about HK guns. i just cant justify spending double of what i paid for my XD

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    As much as I despise striker fired pistols, I think I'm going to pick up a VP9 or a PPQ. They're the only two striker fired pistols that I've handled that I feel I could shoot with my acceptable terms of accuracy. Could never shoot a glock worth a darn. 2.5"-3" groups at 10yds is combat effective but not acceptable to me.

Not to derail the VP9 lovin, but there are a couple PPQ's in the classifieds at this time. Just thought I'd mention it.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Several of us here have been babbling about how great the P99 / PPQ series is for a few years now and everyone just rolled their eyes...

Now that you can get a Walther with 'HK' stamped on the slide, everyone thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Looks like a rebranded overpriced walther PPQ to me

Several of us here have been babbling about how great the P99 / PPQ series is for a few years now and everyone just rolled their eyes...

Now that you can get a Walther with 'HK' stamped on the slide, everyone thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

Except for the part where it's not a top-heavy ergonomic mess. Yes :yesway:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'm surprised that people have never seen a P30, because I think the VP9 looks more like that than the PPQ. Since you know, they're both made by HK?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I see the VP9 as a striker fired version of the P30. And I like the slide profile much better on the VP9. The PPQ slide is tall and kinda looks like a hi point slide

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm surprised that people have never seen a P30, because I think the VP9 looks more like that than the PPQ. Since you know, they're both made by HK?
    in my recollection... The vp9 felt more like my walther than my p30. It could simply be that it had different grip panels on it though. I handled them both side by side for only a minute or two. My vp9 should be here in the next week, so I'll be able to compare all three a little better. I already ordered triijicon hd sights for it, which I love on my walther, but I'm thinking about putting those on my hk45 instead, or replacing the mepros on my p30, and trying something different on the vp9.

ncuster852

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Shot a buddies VP9 this weekend. It was a shooter. It does offer some things that others don't, full ambi controls come to mind. Had the wife shoot it as she is interested in a M&P CORE and to put it blintly, the VP9 is just less money. Basically what I came away with was I saw no glaring reason to recommend against it, and if what it offers appeals to you, it is a decent deal. What she came away with was she still wants her CORE. :ugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom