• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    I have been eyeing the vp9 for a while now. I found it for sale at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka for $549.00
    The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd check them out if you are ready to purchase any gun. The have a sale that ends 12/31.

They also had 9mm M&P that I have had my eye on, for $429.00

I haven't had the opportunity to take my vp9 to the range yet, but I plan on it next week.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Mine should be in on Monday, I got the LE version for $685, found it a little cheaper online but with shipping and transfer fees I would have only saved 20-30 bucks over my lgs.

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    thanks for all the positive words. I will definitely enjoy it :ar15:I am most happy about the killer price, I almost bought it at cabellas for 700.00
    Now I am just waiting for Blackhawk to make a serpa holster for it. I hope that happens soon...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Now I am just waiting for Blackhawk to make a serpa holster for it. I hope that happens soon...
    Ah...nevermind. I hope you enjoy your gun. I THINK that I have convinced myself to wait until they release a carry model. The price you got is killer. I am not far from there but across the state line so that throws a monkey wrench in it.

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    Ah...nevermind. I hope you enjoy your gun. I THINK that I have convinced myself to wait until they release a carry model. The price you got is killer. I am not far from there but across the state line so that throws a monkey wrench in it.

I have a feeling you were going to say something lol. please do, I wont be offended. if its something about the serpa holster, id like to know. im always open to opinions..

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have a feeling you were going to say something lol. please do, I wont be offended. if its something about the serpa holster, id like to know. im always open to opinions..

I am trying to reform on the subject. People really don't want advice anyway. If you like Serpa's go for it. Even if it didn't have serious design issues, I still wouldn't use such a cheaply built holster on such a nice gun, but that is just me.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I've been eyeing one on GB for $575 shipped. I don't need the LE version since I already own a P30 w/4 extra mags. I just don't know if I can justify the purchase right now since I don't know which gun it would replace:D I guess I could put my P-01 on the chopping block since I never shoot it nor do I care for CZs.:dunno:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Procured mine here on the forum from Ryan3030, the one he used for his excellent review. I like this pistol so much I'm almost ready to start droppin' my Glocks off to the Goodwill and buying another, or maybe a P30. So, there may be a fire sale on G23s and G27s and a whole helluva lot of Federal 180gr HST in the classifieds soon , lol.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Procured mine here on the forum from Ryan3030, the one he used for his excellent review. I like this pistol so much I'm almost ready to start droppin' my Glocks off to the Goodwill and buying another, or maybe a P30. So, there may be a fire sale on G23s and G27s and a whole helluva lot of Federal 180gr HST in the classifieds soon , lol.

Thats interesting to me. I only continue to carry Glocks because I have not found anything significantly better from an all around defensive gun standpoint. What do you like so much about the HK that would make you give up the Glocks? Not being argumentative, I am truly curious.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Thats interesting to me. I only continue to carry Glocks because I have not found anything significantly better from an all around defensive gun standpoint. What do you like so much about the HK that would make you give up the Glocks? Not being argumentative, I am truly curious.

I can't speak for others but for me it's fit, finish, ergonomics, style, accuracy, reputation, reliability, and trigger. Granted after market triggers for the Glock puts Glock ahead but out of the box HK is better in my opinion. To be honest I never have warmed up to the blocky style of the gun but it is a tool and cheaper, lighter, and more maintenance free than the 1911's I carried for years. There are a lot more after market parts for the Glock than the HK and the Glock is cheaper to purchase than the VP9 but I like my VP9 better than any of the Glocks I own. I'm not selling off my Glocks yet but I probably won't be adding any new ones. If HK starts coming out with a compact and sub-compact models in striker fired guns my Glocks will be history.

Again, not bashing Glocks but in my openion the HK VP9 is a better gun.

Top Bottom