• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    Took a gen 4 glock 21 on trade tonight that has a stipple job. The seller upfront told me that the magazines won't drop free from it, you have to pull them out. Is there a way to fix this? Tried 5 different magazines

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    you might want to disassemble it and look up the mag well. It may have gotten warped while he was working on it.
    If that is the case, you could probably hit it with a heat gun and straighten it out. i would ask a few other people their opinions first though.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    One thing you might try is to heat the frame up while it has a mag loaded with empty brass or dummy rounds.
    Glock mags tend to swell a little when loaded and this might give enough pressure to open up the mag well just enough to let the empty mags drop free.
    Not sure how much to heat the frame though.
    Just an idea

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    How much do you have to pull on the mag? Some Glock mags won't fall out on their own do to light weight. I don't believe I would try to reform anything with heat. Just my two cents.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Did you ask the guy if the mags dropped free before the stipple? And if he heated the frame or if he only used a soldering iron?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    On any generation G21, the mags would definitely drop free before the frame was molested unless the mag was the old round back type.
    those were non-drop free mags, but there are not a lot of those around anymore.
    I've owned a few Gen 2 & Gen 3 Glock 21's and currently own a G41 gen 4.

If the mags don't drop free, the frame has been heated too much at some point and either sagged a couple thousandths or there is something inside the mag well causing the mags to hang up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you are into it with enough room to spare, you might consider sending back to Glock for a new frame. It's my understanding that they can fix a bad stipple job by replacing the frame for under $200.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Why on earth would anyone stipple a Gen4 Glock?? The frame is already RFT finished.... As an armorer, my recommendation would be frame replacement. Most likely the stippling heated the polymer enough to distort it's shape.

Blackbullet90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    New Castle
    strip the entire gun frame. leave the mag release installed tho. fill magazine with dummy rounds. throw it in the oven for a little while. not to hot! if you know someone who cerekotes, they can throw it in their oven!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, several INGO'ers have offered some worthwhile ideas. Worth trying, since it's already screwed up.

Worst case scenario, buy a new frame. As noted, should be under $200.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Take a mag, put some layers of masking tape on it. Slowly heat the grip with a heat gun, insert the mag and let it cool. It will be fine. There's no need to replace the frame unless you just don't like the stipling.

Top Bottom