• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    So there is now a grip, trigger, and thumb safety.

plus the internal firing pin block safety, drop safety, and the most important one..... The Grey Matter between yer ears :)

I read a GREAT quote regarding "safeties" It read....

"If you keep your booger hook out of the boom switch, it won't go bang."

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My safety. . .

Brain.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "If you keep your booger hook out of the boom switch, it won't go bang."

I love it.
    Even though this is completely hilarious, it is absolutely correct. Thoroughly conditioning yourself to keep the finger out of the trigger guard until on target is a must. You have to train your finger to do this automatically, without thought, like breathing.
    You can't trust your brain, look how any times it's let you down!

Oh, and they put the thumb safety on the XD for us old 1911 guys that think the only handguns without thumb safeties have cylinders.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    just another gadget that might break. i love the feel of xds. but there are a lot of bells and whistles on them.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Prior to falling in love with the HK USP. I was very interested in the Smith & Wesson M&P. I like the XD. I especially like that Lasermax makes a guide rod laser kit for it. The M&P feels so much better in the hand though.

Since the crimson trace laser grip replaces the back strap on the M&P the grip is not changed on that pistol (CT is nearly identical to the Medium grip from S&W) unlike the glock CT grip.

I'm a big fan of knowing how to use the iron sights. But when SHTF having the added bonus of a laser sight could be the difference.

Anyway. I upgraded from what I consider a high quality service grade pistol, to a full fledge combat hand gun and don't regret it at all.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I think the model has too many "safety features", but that's just me.

I wonder what gglass thinks.

:)

Wow! I actually go t called out by pseudonym. Not sure why, but here it goes...

If having safety is better than none at all, then having one is a great idea. If having two safeties is better than one, then having two is a great idea. If having three safeties is better than two, then having three is a great ideal. If having four safeties is better than three, then having four safeties is a great idea... Ad infinitum...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I love it.
    Even though this is completely hilarious, it is absolutely correct. Thoroughly conditioning yourself to keep the finger out of the trigger guard until on target is a must. You have to train your finger to do this automatically, without thought, like breathing.
    You can't trust your brain, look how any times it's let you down!

Oh, and they put the thumb safety on the XD for us old 1911 guys that think the only handguns without thumb safeties have cylinders.

You forgot the new owners without any training that think the mechanical safety is a magic talisman to keep their lack of grey matter safety in check. There was a thread a year or 2 ago about an armslist post from someone who'd bought a gun sans safety, had a stupid, close call ND, and wanted to trade for a model with safety as though that'd fix everything.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wow! I actually go t called out by pseudonym. Not sure why, but here it goes...

If having safety is better than none at all, then having one is a great idea. If having two safeties is better than one, then having two is a great idea. If having three safeties is better than two, then having three is a great ideal. If having four safeties is better than three, then having four safeties is a great idea... Ad infinitum...

All in the spirit of jest!

:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom