• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am not a Beretta fan but I believe this model simply decocks. In other words not goofy reversed safety to disengage or to accidently engage while running the slide. They look awesome so on my want list.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Personally, I think any handgun dubbed "tactical" should have a threaded barrel for a suppressor. Other than that, it looks really good (but then again, I'm a huge fan of the 92 series pistol, goofy safety and all).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It has tactical AND Wilson Combat in the name, so it must be Tier .5 Operator grade.

Only to us FanBoys. Otherwise it is just a nicely refinished 92.

Cedartop the 92 was that quintessential "80s" super nine. Think Die Hard & Lethal Weapon. So the people who grew up in the 80s are now middle age and have jobs that allows them to blow $1200 on a cool gun. I think these will sell well.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Only to us FanBoys. Otherwise it is just a nicely refinished 92.

Cedartop the 92 was that quintessential "80s" super nine. Think Die Hard & Lethal Weapon. So the people who grew up in the 80s are now middle age and have jobs that allows them to blow $1200 on a cool gun. I think these will sell well.
    Okay Vert so what are you trying to say? LOL.:fogey:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They sure aren't are they. I just assumed you were referring to us old geezers that grew up in the eighties is the perfect market for the new Beretta and you are probably right! LOL.:fogey:

Well the 20 something GenXers in general aren't quite ready to buy $1200 plus guns. So I would say Wilson Combats market focus and products reflect this. And yes I agree the G model Berettas are more of what I would personally want.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Looks like a nice pistol. Though I don't get the resurgence in popularity of the 92 series.

The resurgence is more Beretta both advertising and producing some of the more popular models that were "discontinued". This is their celebration of the 100th anniversary of their first semi-auto pistol in 1915. From what I have heard from Beretta, we ain't seen nothing yet, and this from a company that in a few years will be celebrating the 500th anniversary of Beretta as a family run firearm manufacturer.

As for the Wilson Combat collaboration, take a Brigadier at an MSRP of approx $800, "upgrade" to the "G" version for decock only, then the added modifications done by Wilson Combat, add $$$ for their name on the pistol as well as the special serial numbers of a limited edition ($$$) pistol, and then add the word "Tactical" (more $$$) and you have a really nice $700 pistol for $1400 or so.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    They need to bring back the elites at normal pricing.

This elite with a $500 wilson roll mark on the slide is silly.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    They need to bring back the elites at normal pricing.

This elite with a $500 wilson roll mark on the slide is silly.

+1

since 9/11 they have been so busy w/ .mil contracts they haven't done anything for the civy/competition market. maybe that'll change soon...
    from some things I've read since they changed their plant over to CNC, they never saw a business case for investing in programming in the G's and Elites.

A couple years back Langon and T[PO]G were working w/ BUSA to come up w/ a new Elite, but nothing ever came of it. So apparently WC hired Langdon and here we are. I suspect BUSA is watching to see how much interest WC gets....

edit: reference: http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=45289

-rvb

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wasn't aware of that. beretta's refusal to make more G models is why I gave up on them and switched to glock for competition. I might have to pick up a new G ...

-rvb

FYI, Beretta is back to offering the G model and has for a minute due to it is a popular model.

I am not a Beretta fan but I believe this model simply decocks. In other words not goofy reversed safety to disengage or to accidently engage while running the slide. They look awesome so on my want list.

I have been critical of Beretta from my USAF days however after the locking blocks and a few springs will say I have never seen any fail while being used. As far as the safety back in the late 80's early 90's several departments mandated that their Beretta 92's be carried on safe. As crazy as that sounds I trained with a Los Angeles County Sheriffs Deputy that showed a pretty good technique that they used. As they drew the Beretta up they swiped their thumbs down similar to what you would do with a 1911 to disengage the 1911's safety. With the spring loaded Beretta's safety once started/bumped the safety lever snapped up into the fire position.

It actually wasn't that hard to master and was used both as an Officer safety technique for both a weapons retention (if someone got it out of your holster that gave you time to do plan B before the bad guy could figure out how to move your weapon off safe) and also to ensure it was on fire when you drew it from the holster if you had to use it.

Made sense back in the day and worked for them then.

I actually have been looking at the Wilson Beretta, it is sort of steep in price but won't lie I would love one myself. You will probably see quite a few make the IDPA and IPSC Production class IMHO

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I actually have been looking at the Wilson Beretta, it is sort of steep in price but won't lie I would love one myself. You will probably see quite a few make the IDPA and IPSC Production class IMHO

interesting... I was about to post that there's no way it could make the production gun list being a limited production specialty/custom gun from a 3rd party custom shop, but there it is on the list (under Beretta, no less). I'm actually kinda disapointed in uspsa for this.... I'm surprised they met the quantity required...

so can I use the WC mag release on a 92FS in production division? I guess this means yes........

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom