• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    Just looking for some opinions. I inherited a Colt Cobra in .22lr, 3in barrel, from my late grandfather. It probably had no more than 12 rounds shot through it when I got it. It's in 99% or better shape and I have shot a box of ammo through it since I've had it.

Here is the question: If it were your gun, would you keep shooting it or turn it into a safe queen?

I usually carry a S&W 640 and with the cost of ammo these days I think the Colt would be a nice gun to plink with and get more practice in. I would probably only take it to the range so as not to wear the finish or anything. Since it has already been shot, as long as I maintain it I don't think the value would go down much would it? Not that I'm thinking of getting rid of it or anything. Anyway, let's hear some opinions.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Shoot it, thats why it was built.

With it being a family heirloom, that you will never sell, there is no reason to not enjoy it.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I'd keep it in the safe and get something cheaper to shoot. Things like that are somewhat priceless and you may want to keep it in excellent shape.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My father gave me his 3 guns while he is still alive so i can enjoy them , he no longer shoots ,( he is disabled now )

The first a 22 rifle , the first gun i ever shot , a 12 ga shotgun .The first shotgun i ever shot and a revolver , again the first i ever shot ..

none of the 3 is highly prized as a collectable But they are all priceless to me personally ..

Allthough i handle them with great care i do still and always will take them out ocasionally and enjoy them , if something shou;d happen to one of them i would fix it and still enjoy it :twocents::patriot:

johnsonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Why own a gun if not to shoot? keep it well maintained and cleaned. not using a gun is harder on it than using it for it's intended purpose...happy plinking

Top Bottom