• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burk353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2015
    winamac
    Hello all.. New to this forum..... I have a springfield xd40 that I am wanting to sell I have tried some different things as far as posting it on some Indiana facebook pages and what not I have had some offers in the $300 range I don't feel I need to come off it that bad and Im thinking that's what I would get for trade if I went to trade it in... the few people that have been interested have been total pain in the butt to try to meet up with..... or the deal just didn't feel right to me and being a responsible gun owner I feel It is my duty to make my best judgment...... any suggestions or advice?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Contribute to the forum and get 50 quality posts, it really doesn't take that long. Just don't try to one line it and make a run for it. You'll get mod-whacked.

Or pay $20 and become a site supporter. Then you can just post it up in the classifieds here.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Hello all.. New to this forum..... I have a springfield xd40 that I am wanting to sell I have tried some different things as far as posting it on some Indiana facebook pages and what not I have had some offers in the $300 range I don't feel I need to come off it that bad and Im thinking that's what I would get for trade if I went to trade it in... the few people that have been interested have been total pain in the butt to try to meet up with..... or the deal just didn't feel right to me and being a responsible gun owner I feel It is my duty to make my best judgment...... any suggestions or advice?
    Welcome to INGO. Stick around, learn something, share some knowledge, and sell it in our classifieds after you get to 50 posts!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You can sell via INGO and should get a better price. You can search the current classifieds to get an idea of the going price range. That being said, if you want to get to INGO's classifieds ASAP, there are two ways:

1. Create 50 "quality" posts. Creating 50 short, useless posts just pollutes the site and you end up wasting the time of hundreds of other members who have the misfortune to read your "contributions". The moderators are very aware of this tactic and will delete your junk posts. Think of this as a probationary period where you learn about INGO and we will learn at least some about you via your contributions to its content.
    2. Become a site supporter. For $20 (PayPal is fastest), you get a number of benefits, including early access to the classifieds. This provides an alternate way to contribute to INGO. Servers aren't free. If you do take this route, be sure to follow the note about contacting Scutter01.

:ingo:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    All the FB gun groups I've seen are garbage. Joining in the conversation here or becoming a supporter is the best option. Armslist is second. Gun show is third.

Randomly dialing your phone and asking people if they want to buy it is a step above FB.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

You are on the right track asking about procedure here. Once you are able to access the classifieds you shouldn't have any problems finding a buyer. One thing most members here do to try to cover themselves is to ask to see an Indiana drivers license and a LTCH. A current drivers license gives you reasonable assurance the person is an Indiana resident and the LTCH reasonably assures you that the individual is a [STRIKE]proper person[/STRIKE] isn't an improper person. Most people just ask to see them during the meet, nothing more. Some people like to record the other persons information or get a bill of sale to CYA. If you want to record information or get a bill of sale then you might want to mention that in your ad. There are those that don't like to do that and might get a bit miffed and walk away from the sale if they don't know up front.

Part of the rules of the classifieds is that people are supposed to leave the original ad intact. Part of the reason is so others can use it as a guide line when setting a buy/sell price. Once you have access to the classifieds you can search and find guns like yours and get a good idea of what they are really selling for.

It will not take long to get your 50 posts. Sit down this weekend if you can join a discussion. You can be there before the weekend is over. Stay on topic with the thread and avoid one word or line answers. By mod whacked we mean the mods will remove posts that have no value thus reducing your post count. Several times a week there is someone who wants to circumvent the rules and make the "run to 50" by posting random things all over the forum. These get smacked down pretty quick.

Hope this helps, welcome and enjoy the forum.

Edit to add:
    I just ran across this. It's a very similar thread and touches on quite a bit.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/375139-buying-selling-ingo.html

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i paid 300 for an xd45, so if you are getting in the 300 dollar range, you're doing better that the guy i bought my xd45 from

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm also lacking in the number of post for the classifieds. Have you thought about trying Armslist until you get your post count up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Also, it appears from browsing the classified's here, that things are in general not selling very fast at all.

No, lots of things sell very fast. A few things sell very slowly. It really depends on pricing and flexibility.

There is stuff that sells within the first hour basically every day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No, lots of things sell very fast. A few things sell very slowly. It really depends on pricing and flexibility.

There is stuff that sells within the first hour basically every day.
    Yep, if you haven't sold it after a month, you really need to look at your asking price.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Stick here with INGO, these are gun guy/gals on this sigh,t they will offer (majority of times) fair value, and advice...yes there are some douches...but 99%of my transactions have gone through and we were both happy. I have over 1900 posts...still trying for 50 "quality" posts! Good luck.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm also lacking in the number of post for the classifieds. Have you thought about trying Armslist until you get your post count up.

You have 5 posts in just under 2 years. Less is not more in this case. Click the reply with quote button and piggy-back on what somebody said about a subject you know a little about. Either that or something about the Po-Po stealing your wallet. Drones are a good subject too. IMPD operates a "boner-drone", I learned that here on INGO. An OC/CC discussion can yield 50 posts easily.

This ain't graduate-level work. A couple sentences with nouns and verbs will do ok even if you're thread-jacking in the process, like I'm doing now. :cool::ingo:

Top Bottom