• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ruger has a new offering in the LC9 lineup that looks very interesting. The LC9s changed the LC9 to a striker fired pistol with a much better trigger. The LC9s Pro removes the thumb safety and magazine disconnect. Looks very tempting, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of a relatively light/short trigger pull and no safety in a carry gun. I usually carry a Kahr which has a very smooth, but longer trigger pull as a safety margin. Does anyone have experience with this firearm? Hickok45 has a very nice review including both the plusses and minuses and seems to be very impressed.

[video=youtube_share;p2bBSHxk-Oc]http://youtu.be/p2bBSHxk-Oc[/video]

Edit: Good to know it could take down a rhino if you are threatened...

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    but I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of a relatively light/short trigger pull and no safety in a carry gun. I usually carry a Kahr which has a very smooth, but longer trigger pull as a safety margin.

That's why it is for "Pros" only. Apparently you are not one... :runaway:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Really love the LC9s that I have. I switched from a Kahr cw9 to the Ruger because I wanted a safety for when I holster and un-holster my edc. I know you may not want a safety, but as far as how the gun shoots and handles, I give it a big A+. Here is a picture of mine:
    lc9.jpg

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I love my LC9s and don't care if it has or has no safeties nor do I feel it is a big deal either way. For most of my shooting career guns have safeties as a rule and I have grown up taking the safety off as I draw. I guess that people that aren't in the same age group are less able to do this so they like a no safety gun better. One more way that this age group has grown lazier than the one before it IMO. :twocents:

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I love my LC9s and don't care if it has or has no safeties nor do I feel it is a big deal either way. For most of my shooting career guns have safeties as a rule and I have grown up taking the safety off as I draw. I guess that people that aren't in the same age group are less able to do this so they like a no safety gun better. One more way that this age group has grown lazier than the one before it IMO. :twocents:

Not wanting to worry about whether or not a safety will disengage when you need it = lazy. Gotcha. Damn lazy kids.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    :rolleyes:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    It's almost like a return of INGOer Grunt. ​Those terrible Millennials

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

:fogey:

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    And old people are terrible drivers right? That's what's wrong with that generation. They don't care about the safety of others. Just lazily driving around with no care for others on the road. Never using turn signals. Almost side swiping other vehicles because they are too old and lazy to look for other drivers on the road. Always holding up traffic. Not to mention never looking back when backing up. Everyone else should look out.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    LOL, you are a priceless group, certainly INGO' Finest. :ingo:

For the record, things were great when I was younger so maybe you ARE responsible for America's Downfall. :):

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Honestly, I wasn't meaning to but it does seem that many here wanted to take exception to my original statement. I find it odd that so many here can and do make similar statements and no one makes a big deal about it while there are some of us who's every word is scrutinized for some way to take it personally.

So sue me if I have a bit of fun with people at thier expense now and then. It isn't like it hasn't, is and will continue to happen to me.

IMGO, where there is rarely a serious anything going on is the apparent motto. :rolleyes:

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Sarcasm online is hard to show.

Back on topic, I really like the slimness of the LC9. If I were to get one in the future I would probably modify the safety for for ergonomic engagement

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    LOL, you are a priceless group, certainly INGO' Finest. :ingo:

For the record, things were great when I was younger so maybe you ARE responsible for America's Downfall. :):
    What decade were you young in? Racism and social strife of the 50s or 60s is great? Ok.

And our response is predictable because we're tired of old guys :fogey: telling us that we suck and their :poop: doesn't stink.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some people (like my wife) have a difficult time finding a firearm that fits them. Of all the ones we tried (and we tried a lot), the lc9 & lc9s fit her hand best, gave her the best recoil management, and scored the tightest groups.

I didn't push her to find one that didn't have a safety... Maybe I should've bought her a 1911 instead. They're great for not having safeties. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom