• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Looking at the Taurus M65 revolver in 357/38. Any INGOers have experience with this gun? Pros/cons? Its not going to be a carry piece, probably a night stand gun or range toy.

PS - I don't need to hear your Taurus bashing unless its against the M65 specifically ;)

9zokfb.jpg

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Taurus revolvers cost 1/2 to 2/3 of a Ruger and S&W and their quality is 1/2 to 2/3 of the others.
    I have sold a lot of them and owned a few and had good luck with them.
    I work on revolvers for competition and Taurus internals won't last as long as the others. That won't matter to you as a range/house gun.
    It takes thousands of rounds before problems start showing up.
    Taurus can sell a bad one but so can Ruger and S&W.

A S&W or Ruger will hold it's value better so the price difference over the long haul isn't as big as it seems.

FWIW I would buy a used Ruger or S&W before the Taurus but I'm sure the Taurus will serve you well.
    Good luck and enjoy the wheelgun.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    You can get a Ruger GP100 around $400-$450, the Taurus about a hundred less. I have never had an issue of any kind with a Taurus revolver. Todays Taurus holds the value as well as any of the revolvers, the older ones not as much.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    15 years ago I sold my brother a model 65 in .357mag and a stainless finish and a 4" barrel.
    It was used when I bought it and I had no idea of the round count, but it was NOT a safe queen.
    I carried it for 4 years before I sold it to my brother.
    He has shot and carried that gun for the past 15 years. He shoots it often and has never had an issue with it.
    It has taken whitetail deer and a couple of coyote and it's kept on tickin'.

Some people will never be convinced, but it is my opinion that Taurus makes a completely serviceable revolver.
    I would buy another one without hesitation if it looked good upon inspection.

O.K. Flame on...

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    My experience with Taurus revolvers, has been very good.
    I have also had luck with two Taurus pistols. My general rule of thumb, is if you can purchase a Taurus
    revolver for considerable savings over a SW or Ruger, by all means buy it.
    Can't tell you about their customer service, because I have never needed it.

Top Bottom