• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I am looking for a carry piece. I heard these things kick ass... Yes, I want a .45... I held one in my hand the other day and was VERY impressed, but wondered about the rest of the goodies about it. ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe there are a few law enforcement agencies that issue P220's.

I've had experience with Sig's P226 9mm and its a great weapon. Maybe a bit bulky for concealed carry though.

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Yea, I basically went to go pick up a Glock 30, but when I felt it in my hand I was less than satisfied. I do like the single stack design, and it is very slim for what it is...

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Bah! ;)

And here I'm fully intending on carrying a HK USP Tactical in .45
    I might also end up with a P2000SK in 9mm for those times I just can't conceal the Tactical. It'll double as the pistol Pami uses for the various Handgun Classes we're going to take. Most of them really don't accept a .22LR as a good training pistol.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    That is going to be a big carry gun.

Yeah, I think I'll be carrying it in the Laptop bag holster I'm having made.
    Standard Kydex body, with a large flat sheet covered in velcro....

Under a jacket with the Miami Classic won't be awful.
    On the belt, with a heavier cover won't be bad either. I'm not convinced it will work as an IWB carry gun. We'll see.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You are going to need some bigger pants. I have never shot one but I took a class where a guy was using one and it was big. I forgot you mentioned before you would be carrying it in a bag or something. :)

I'm not convinced it will work as an IWB carry gun. We'll see.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Hi Breakin,
    I have an older P220, with euro style mag release. I am not thrilled with it, last time I shot it along side my 1911 it wasn't nearly as accurate with same 230 FMJ hard ball. The other thing I don't like is the decocker...scares the heck out of me and anyone watching when I drop the hammer.

Can I understand your interest in a 45 ACP, even if full size is a bit much to pack (I used to tote a 1911). My pick in a new 45 would be the Glock 21SF. Much better, safer action in my book.

If you have or anyone else has a Glock 21SF, I'd gladly trade my SIG P220 for it...:)

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Hi Breakin,
    I have an older P220, with euro style mag release. I am not thrilled with it, last time I shot it along side my 1911 it wasn't nearly as accurate with same 230 FMJ hard ball. The other thing I don't like is the decocker...scares the heck out of me and anyone watching when I drop the hammer.

Can I understand your interest in a 45 ACP, even if full size is a bit much to pack (I used to tote a 1911). My pick in a new 45 would be the Glock 21SF. Much better, safer action in my book.

If you have or anyone else has a Glock 21SF, I'd gladly trade my SIG P220 for it...:)

There is no risk dropping the hammer. Most SIGs have that design.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I love the 220. I have a p220s but it shoots like a dream. I've got 3 glocks and 2 sigs and I would rather take the sigs anytime. Just my .02

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Hi Breakin,

That reminds me, how much would you want for the SIG?

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Paul and Turn...
    I am not in the habit of selling my babies, but as I said I'd consider trading the SIG P220 to a G21SF, all FTF. I don't know the value of the SIG, I'll have to do some research. But a G21SF trade is all I'm interested in at this time.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Paul and Turn...
    I am not in the habit of selling my babies, but as I said I'd consider trading the SIG P220 to a G21SF, all FTF. I don't know the value of the SIG, I'll have to do some research. But a G21SF trade is all I'm interested in at this time.

Thats cool, i dont have a glock to trade.

Top Bottom