• snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    [STRIKE]I would think standard CZ-75 sights would fit.[/STRIKE]

I stand corrected. Looks like the rear dovetail is different.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Meprolight night sights. You can get them from cajungunworks or CZ Custom Shop or from CZ-USA Home - CZ-USA

I'm not finding them.

Searching the CZ custom shop for "PCR Sight" only gives me Trudot which says it won't fit the PCR.

The Cajungunworks lists it as fitting the PCR, but its the same part number as the standard CZ 75 sights. That means they'll work but require drilling, correct?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I had a PCR that had Meprolights. My buddy installed them for me. Let me do some research and find out exactly what the deal is with them. If you have a moment try calling Cajun Gun Works and speak with David. He is the owner and always takes the time to talk with folks. He can explain what you need and how they are mounted. If it requires drilling, etc. I know someone who can do it for you. Also, I am sure AllenM could do it pretty easily. But, I will do some research and get back to you.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I'm not finding them.

Searching the CZ custom shop for "PCR Sight" only gives me Trudot which says it won't fit the PCR.

The Cajungunworks lists it as fitting the PCR, but its the same part number as the standard CZ 75 sights. That means they'll work but require drilling, correct?

The sights from Cajun will fit. The drilling is meant for the front sight. You have to drill through the front sight pin hole to make clearence on the bottom edge of the front sight which gives clearence for the pin to be driven into the frame. I have installed sights on 2 PCR's

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The sights from Cajun will fit. The drilling is meant for the front sight. You have to drill through the front sight pin hole to make clearence on the bottom edge of the front sight which gives clearence for the pin to be driven into the frame. I have installed sights on 2 PCR's
    The front sight pin also secures the barrel bushing!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for the information. I think this answers my question and while its possible its going to be a PITA, and the option I really want (Trijicon HD) are not available. I think I'm going to pass and go with a P229 instead. The CZ feels nice, no doubt, but I just can't deal with those sights and I really really like the Trijicons.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for the information. I think this answers my question and while its possible its going to be a PITA, and the option I really want (Trijicon HD) are not available. I think I'm going to pass and go with a P229 instead. The CZ feels nice, no doubt, but I just can't deal with those sights and I really really like the Trijicons.
    Sights have been a showstopper for me on more than one occasion. I have Meprolights on all of mine and if you would like to try one out before you decide you are welcome to. I don't have that specific model but I have a couple of Compacts and a P01 which are the same size.

Also, I am sure you could get help with the sights. Then it would only be a pain in the ass for llh1956. ;)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Sights have been a showstopper for me on more than one occasion. I have Meprolights on all of mine and if you would like to try one out before you decide you are welcome to. I don't have that specific model but I have a couple of Compacts and a P01 which are the same size.

Also, I am sure you could get help with the sights. Then it would only be a pain in the ass for llh1956. ;)
    :hehe:
    :hehe::hehe::hehe:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

LOL, and a pain in my wallet. :D I truly appreciate the offer and the expertise. Things like this are why INGO is such a great forum.

I'm pretty well settled on one of the police trade in P229's on CDNN right now, though I'm going to ponder a bit before making my final decision. I'm a ponderer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    LOL, and a pain in my wallet. :D I truly appreciate the offer and the expertise. Things like this are why INGO is such a great forum.

I'm pretty well settled on one of the police trade in P229's on CDNN right now, though I'm going to ponder a bit before making my final decision. I'm a ponderer.

Best of luck with that. Should be a great gun. The offer stands anytime you would like to try out some of the CZs.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Many apologies for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I have a similar question as did BehindBlueI's all those years ago. I have CZ 75 Compact PCR, and, with my old man eyes, can use all the help I can get with respect to sights. I can't be certain if the factory sights are to blame or not, but under certain conditions, I cannot find the green front sight dot at all. Can anyone recommend a remedy? Oh, and if it involves doing anything beyond simple plug and play of new sights, I would also appreciate any recommendations for gunsmiths in the Fort Wayne area. It's not (only) that I am a klutz, I just prefer to have an expert do any drilling or what have you. When I used to mess with guitars, I had a $150 Peavey Falcon that I used to practice changing frets, pickups, pots etc. No way is anything as sharp as an screwdriver is gonna be in my hand within 10 feet of my Telecaster. Since my PCR is the only gun I own at this time, I don't trust myself to change anything on it except full magazines for empty ones. :) Thanks in advance, everyone!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I went with a FO front sight from CGW on my PCR, P-01, and my son's Compact. I go back-and-forth on the idea of night sights, but for now, have opted to go FO with a small tactical flashlight next to me on the nightstand. It's not a hard install, but does require a minor bit of sanding/fitting along the bottom, and the right punch for the sight pin.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/050-390-correct-oem-fo-front-sight/

I also picked up an extra pin just in case I fubar'd the original, which I didn't end up needing to use. If you want night sights, they have some choices on CGW that aren't crazy expensive, just be sure to get a set designated for the PCR due to the way the rear sight is situated.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I went with a FO front sight from CGW on my PCR, P-01, and my son's Compact. I go back-and-forth on the idea of night sights, but for now, have opted to go FO with a small tactical flashlight next to me on the nightstand. It's not a hard install, but does require a minor bit of sanding/fitting along the bottom, and the right punch for the sight pin.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/050-390-correct-oem-fo-front-sight/

I also picked up an extra pin just in case I fubar'd the original, which I didn't end up needing to use. If you want night sights, they have some choices on CGW that aren't crazy expensive, just be sure to get a set designated for the PCR due to the way the rear sight is situated.
    Thanks, Hopper! I think that the FO front sight is just what I (think) I need!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Thanks, Hopper! I think that the FO front sight is just what I (think) I need!
    Good deal. Going this route has helped my aging eyes. If you're ever around my area, it wouldn't take long to get this installed for you... I've done it enough times, there's not really much to it!

Top Bottom