Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I know there are a lot of guns on the market these days that bill themselves as pocket pistols. But let's be honest a lot of them are too big for pocket carry. The only reason why you would choose to carry a pistol in your pocket is because you need to completely conceal it, and pretend you don't have a firearm at all. Or else what's the point? I don't care if you can fit a Glock 27 in your front pocket..... I guaran-god damn-tee you I can see it, and your ruining the idea of a pocket gun.

So, what's INGOs opinion on the best TRUE pocket guns? Totally dissappearing, and still reliable.

jdmachineman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    United states of ame
    I didn't have time to read through all the posts so I am sure that this gun, Ruger LC9 has already been mentioned. I really like the gun because it not only is a "fighting caliber", but starts the party with 7+1 and then I can carry two more mags for that extended play! All of this fits into your pocket and with a "sticky holster" it wipes out the print. I can go anywhere with this gun as long as no metal detectors or searches are happening. Filled with Crit Duty or my fav, a 115 grain +P+ burner, I feel adequately protected should I need a deep concealment option!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Smith 642.

+1 on the 642. That's my EDC.

This, Smith 642, Taurus 85, Ruger LCR. Any of the small 5 shot .38 revolvers.

+1 on the S&W 642.
    -1 on anything taurus. I've had two of their revolvers and both had to go to a gunsmith. I'm not betting my life on a Taurus, do whatever you want with yours.
    -1 on Ruger. They used to be a solid company, but I'm not betting my life on Recal.... I mean ruger. Their guns are great for hunting, not social work.

OP, if you didn't notice already I'm biased in favor of the S&W 642. It's not perfect, but if you've got back problems and can't carry IWB tucked then this pocket carry is a better than nothing option. My gripes are that there isn't a night sight for the front sight post, and that it only holds 5 rds. 99% of the time I have a 642 in my pocket. Today, I felt like changing things up a bit and put the G26 in my pocket. That's another option.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have a Kahr 380 that is my go to pocket rocket. I always carry it. I sometimes carry a larger IWB as well, but the Kahr is with me at all times.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I could pocket my LCR easily if I chose to do so, it and it hands down the best snubby on the market today. Better trigger thanks to the cam trigger system, better recoil control thanks to the grips, and reasonable sight set up. I can shoot it as accurately at 15y as I can a full size Glock (although not as fast).

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    WHICH pocket needs to be considered first. if it's a coat pocket on a parka you might get away with a Glock 19 or 1911 officer's model. On the other hand a Colt mustang or Ruger LC9 will print in a front jeans pocket, at least when you take the first step--and if you stuff a 642 in there, Mae West will be asking if you're happy to see her.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    WHICH pocket needs to be considered first. if it's a coat pocket on a parka you might get away with a Glock 19 or 1911 officer's model. On the other hand a Colt mustang or Ruger LC9 will print in a front jeans pocket, at least when you take the first step--and if you stuff a 642 in there, Mae West will be asking if you're happy to see her.

You must wear those skinny jeans. My 642 does not print at all in the jeans I wear and I don't think anyone would ask me that question.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I can and do pocket carry my LCR as well as my LC9 and LCP. Which do I feel is best? .357 magnum LCR, accept no substitutes. :yesway:

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You must wear those skinny jeans. My 642 does not print at all in the jeans I wear and I don't think anyone would ask me that question.
    I'm too old to try and be that 'fashionable'. 'relaxed fit' is my speed. Just maybe it's that I notice and most other people aren't paying attention? anyway, except for a jacket I find 'tucked IWB' is faster for me

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I used to caring my dads Colt Gov Pocketlite - loved it - I put it back in the safe when they started making the new ones - Ive always liked the Pocketlites

Top Bottom