• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I had a chance to take care of a couple virgins from the safe this weekend so I also thought I'd also get in some more practice with my newest EDC (Sig P938). After putting another box of ammo through it, I just didn't really like what I was seeing and feeling. It seems like I am getting this same feeling every time I shoot this little pistol. Anyway, as usual, I grabbed my other EDC (Kimber Ultra CDP II) and soon realized I should have never switched to begin with. The CDP has such a smooth trigger and just feels really good in the hand and the difference was considerably evident with improved accuracy and close groups. As in the past, it just seems like that little Kimber hits everything I aim at. Gotta love them 1911's. With their history I thought the smaller P938 would be a good replacement for me but I now realize that confidence in a gun is much more important than it's size. One thing's for sure, I won't be looking for an EDC gun any more!

Maybe I could use the Sig as a BUG or better yet just sell it and get another gun! ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It happens. Something new a shiny comes along. We falter, we are human, we are men. We see the error of our ways and return home to those we love.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've been through 5 different EDC guns. One of my concerns of course was that it be comfortable to carry. I ended up with a single stack. Next it had to be a good fit to my hand. A mag with a extension solved this while it still didn't print. Most importantly it had to be able to reliably feed both hollow point and fmj and accuracy had to be good.

Now that I've found all this I have no desire to switch it up as to me it's a tool that has a job. I'll save buy/sell/trades for the range fodder.

I'll admit the Glock 43 has me leaning but since I've spent cash to modify/upgrade my EDC I'll stay with it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's interesting how a gun can feel good in your hand, but feel very different when you shoot it. Even guns that should be near identical can be different. I enjoy shooting my Remington R1S much more than I do my Ed Brown even though they should be near identical. I love my G23 but cannot warm up to my G19 and as much as I like my G20, my G21 is not nearly as much fun to shoot.

i do find that my EDC gun tends to be the same old ones that have been carried for years.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I switched my EDC. From a G26 to a SW 642 REALLY liking the 642 and not missing the 26 at all.may end up selling the 26 for another 1911 of some sort.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I just switched to a 938.
    For me, size was paramount.
    And in a super tuck style iwb, it doesn't print at all.
    I liked the increase to 9mm in a size similar to most .380.

But kimbers certainly do have have a reputation.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I like the 938s and would like to switch to one, then I'm reminded on how well my 290 carries and feels and how I'm perfectly happy with it then it shoots down the 938 ideas

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I have a 238 and shot it plenty. Never shot the 938. I shoot the 238 pretty well, but I have really, really small hands. So small I can get a full 3 finger grip on the 238 WITHOUT an extended mag. Maybe the grip was just too small for you?

Top Bottom