• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I just ordered a FNX-9, I have never had a FNH. It looks interesting, I typically am a 1911 guy so having the option to carry cocked and locked is really interesting.

Any one have any experience with one of these?

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've had one for a long time and I really like it. Came from the factory with 3 mags which was another perk. It does have some really large dot sites which I'm not the biggest fan of, but its a great gun for the money

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had one for a short while. It ran good and was accurate enough, but it just wasn't for me. I couldn't get comfortable with the grip. It felt good in the store but on the range under live fire it felt blocky and long. The flat back strap had a funky angle and would rub my hand wrong and the rounded ones felt to large. But it did seem well made and it was reliable with every type of ammo I tried in it. Hope it works out well for you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have had the FNP (previous generation of hammer fired) in both 9 and 40 for a couple years. Love them both, perhaps the 40 just a tad more. I shoot well with them and they have been very reliable. Not as many holster choices as I would like. The 40 is in my carry rotation. I think you'll be quite happy with your new friend. Congrats

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good luck OP!

I've not shot the 9, but I've shot the .40 and really enjoyed it. I had planned to buy one until my love affair with 1911's and CZ's... :):

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    I love my FNX .45 and FNS 9, but most people dont care for the aggressive grip. My nephew has a FNX 9 and he took a sanding block to and softened it a bit and loves it.

It is a totally different beast from my 1911's though.

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    I have the FNS 40 and I sold my Glock 23 after buying it.. Its just much better than a Glock for me and I am a Glock fanboy..
    I hope these catch on the the aftermarket blows up for these fine little guns.
    I am adding an FNS9 for my wife and an FNX 45 for me..

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    +1 on the sanding block. otherwise it will really bite ya. Also, customer service is a bit slow, but they took care of me when mine had an issue. (Recoil spring guide rod destroyed itself, bent the frame and locked the slide.) They replaced the weapon free of charge, told me to keep the old mags, and sent a new one to me. Sold it after since I didn't trust it anymore, but if I were to get another, I'd replace that guide rod with a stainless version.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I got my hands on one of these while I was browsing Gander the other day, not that id buy from them as I think their prices are too high. But after holding this gun I think I am adding it to the "to buy" list.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    +1 on the sanding block. otherwise it will really bite ya. Also, customer service is a bit slow, but they took care of me when mine had an issue. (Recoil spring guide rod destroyed itself, bent the frame and locked the slide.) They replaced the weapon free of charge, told me to keep the old mags, and sent a new one to me. Sold it after since I didn't trust it anymore, but if I were to get another, I'd replace that guide rod with a stainless version.

Did they make you pay to ship it back in?

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have the FNP in 9,40, and 45 and the FNX45 tac. I really like all of them. I have never had a single problem out of any of them. I am looking to add the fns9c to the list before to long. It is a little hard to find many holsters for them but I have found that holsters for a sig 226 fits the FNP models well.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Update. Love the gun been carrying it for a couple of months now and it is pretty good. I have always been a DA/SA trigger guy on a plastic gun. This one reminds me if HK and Sig had a baby. I have ran a little over 600 rounds through it with out issue. I would say its good to go if you're on the fence.

Top Bottom