• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure this will vary greatly among users but I'm curious what in your opinion is the best IWB for the money. I'm open to all options but would like to know why you prefer what you prefer. I'm looking for something comfortable and high quality that will not break the bank.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm very happy with Bladetech. It does not have the quality feel of some of my more expensive holsters, but it also shows no signs of wear, does everything I ask it to do, is fast, and is comfy.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    N82 brand IWB holsters are high quality and super comfortable! I have one for my shield and love it, I learned quickly that for IWB holsters a sub $30-ish holster will work, but they were all very uncomfortable. The quality is worth the extra imo. Their holsters run a little high (69.99) but you can search around and try to buy a second hand one for a bit less, or just pay full price (which would still be worth it I think)

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I like Alien Gear. I own both an OWB tan leather and IWB Cloak Tuck 2.0. Both are comfortable.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    After a while I found my aliengear holster to be cumbersome and uncomfortable...because when it comes to IWB holsters I'm a bit of a minimalist.
    I like Tagua and Galco.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Galco King Tuk, IWB Hybrid. Pair it with a good belt. In my case, Daltech Force BioBelt. Carry around the 5:30 position for me.

Are you looking for a hybrid IWB for carry between 3 - 6 o'clock or something more Appendix carry?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It really depends on the handgun you're trying to carry. For a Glock IWB I will rarely use anything but Clipdraw, a Sig or 1911 etc I'll use something else.

I found the King Tuk to be very comfortable. I also like Raven Concealments various IWB options. If you go that route, but want to buy local, Jeff at Hooch's holsters makes quality stuff.

gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Are you looking for a hybrid IWB for carry between 3 - 6 o'clock or something more Appendix carry?
    I like carrying right above the wallet. So the 4:30-5:30 position seems like that is where it would be. I currently use a neoprene DeSantis Tuck This II IWB holster with my S&W Shield which I like but was looking for another holster for my next purchase which will probably be a full size. Something like a Glock 17, Beretta 92FS or springfield XDM

I don't like how my neoprene holster basically collapses when I draw out the gun and have to fiddle with it to re-holster the weapon. I do like that my holster has an added magazine holster.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is only one holster maker--Milt Sparks. The rest are shadows on the shop wall.

Actually we have many fine makers today. You know the first rule for buying a holster is, right? Right, get a box.:D

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have a myriad of holsters, and I think my favorite is my Dale Fricke Archangle. It is the best holster I have found yet. There are a few others I may consider in the future like maybe a holster from NSR or another a fellow INGO guy likes more than his Archangle but for the most part I am sold on this holster as it just works.It is something you should look into and consider. I see that you want to carry around 4:30, but at least check out the products.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm sure this will vary greatly among users but I'm curious what in your opinion is the best IWB for the money. I'm open to all options but would like to know why you prefer what you prefer. I'm looking for something comfortable and high quality that will not break the bank.
    Check out Bravo Concealment. I've got 4 and love them.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Once you try a Milt Sparks (especially the Versa Max II) you'll been done with all other holsters. None better.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a total of seven holsters. My primary holsters are High Noons for IWB carry at 03:00. For when I am traveling I use a Tagua 4 in 1 at 09:00. I also have a Blackhawk Serpa for OC. I have a cowboy holster for plinking with my Uberti Cattleman, and a pouch to carry my TCP when I run. Buy right the first time and you do not need a box for your rejects.

Top Bottom