• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey ya'll.....
    My mother took a hand full of guns from my grandfather when he got azltimers years ago.. Well, she forgot about this one and showed to me this weekend.
    Long story short. He was an officer in the Navy just as WW2 was ending. His Father was in the FBI around the 20'-40's. Dont know how my grandfather got ( hes past away now). So just looking to see if anyone has any info how it may have ended up on US soil or in the hands of government employees..
    Thanks..
    Robert

Last edited:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    2qusvie.jpg

2euof0x.jpg

20k3vch.jpg

2enw3f9.jpg

2wez583.jpg

Last edited:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    You have a very nice polish eagle Radom. These are one of the rare items worth more when they are not nazi marked.
    A nice Polish eagle Radom will bring 3-4k on gunbroker.

Its anyones guess how how it ended up in the us. It could have been brought back by another service member , traded for or imported before 1968 with no import mark.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hey ya'll.....
    My mother took a hand full of guns from my mother when he got azltimers years ago.. Well, she forgot about this one and showed to me this weekend.
    Long story short. He was an officer in the Navy just as WW2 was ending. His Father was in the FBI around the 20'-40's. Dont know how my grandfather got ( hes past away now). So just looking to see if anyone has any info how it may have ended up on US soil or in the hands of government employees..
    Thanks..
    Robert
    I have 2 myself. Super neat handguns and very well built. Lets see some pics and I'll I will be able to give you some more info on it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I posted pictures. .. do not see them?
    I see them now. Man those pre war VIS35's are rare. There are 100 ways it could have made its way into the US. The Poles really made well built firearms. Their pistols, AKs, and M44s were all finished much better than their counterparts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I see them now. Man those pre war VIS35's are rare. There are 100 ways it could have made its way into the US. The Poles really made well built firearms. Their pistols, AKs, and M44s were all finished much better than their counterparts.

Great. :(

Now another gun on my want list. I do fancy Polish firearms.

Seriously, that's a nice looking pistol.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Thank you....
    there was this pistol a S&W .38 and an old .22 bolt action rifle that my mom thinks was my grandfathers when he was a boy.
    oooo Also a USN MK1 knife and holster

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Its anyones guess how how it ended up in the us. It could have been brought back by another service member , traded for or imported before 1968 with no import mark.

One of my customer's came in with a revolver he wanted me to ID for him.....In rough shape single action only Nagant revolver dated in the 1910-1920 range...No import mark.....His Grandmother was Polish and was a 16 year old orphan by the end of the war...She had become friends with a young Soviet officer...He told her the Soviets were going to take over Poland and it would not be good for her and that she should leave for the USA....She gathered up what she could carry and put it in a Haversack and as she was leaving he gave her the weapon and 12 rounds of ammo saying a young lady on the road should be able to protect herself....I cleaned up the gun for him and he ended up putting it in a shadow box with the ammo (none missing!), a broach that she had brought back with her and a photo of her taken back in Poland......

If he was Navy he may have traded two cartons of Lucky strikes and a gallon of ice cream for it....:)

I get a lot of vet bring back weapons in here and you would be surprised how many of them were brought back by Navy guys who had swapped cigs, ice cream, etc...to the GI's for guns, daggers, helmets, etc.....At the end of the war this sort of petered out because by that time the GI's were mailing items home (at no cost to themselves) and they were not always on the move and could keep a few items or mail them home....Neat pistol and thanks for sharing....There are 4 different varieties and as some other posters stated...The Pre-War contract guns are outrageously priced.....

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    No, I haven't shot it, just got my hands on it this past weekend. And just did a cleaning on it. Barrel is a little pitted, but nothing bot bad
    Very cool.. Is yours in 9mm aswell? I've read they made some in 45 but mostly in 9mm

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    No, I haven't shot it, just got my hands on it this past weekend. And just did a cleaning on it. Barrel is a little pitted, but nothing bot bad
    Very cool.. Is yours in 9mm aswell? I've read they made some in 45 but mostly in 9mm

PLEASE don't go crazy while cleaning it!!! Please please please don't!!

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hi everyone... Thinking of going to the Indy 1500 this weekend, will anyone be there that can give me an honest answer on the history or value (not looking to sell it) on the gun.
    Thanks again hopefully able to meet some of you guys

Top Bottom