• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwrin3593

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Anderson
    Hello all, I am new to IN Gun owners, I just purchased my first handgun a M&P9c. I want to know if there is anyone else out here who is in my same build class. I am 6'3'' about 450lbs, i got a belly. I have a alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB i like it but its not as comfortable as id like it to be. I do have a blackhawk serpa OWB sport that's made for a full size mp, it works but looks ridiculous because mine of course is the compact. i am looking to eventually get the full size but in the mean time i need ideas. thanks for the input!.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    OWB might be more comfortable if you've got a muffin top going. If you like the holster you've tried but don't like the size, just try out something similar in the proper size.

Also, search around here for belt suggestions. A proper belt often has more to do with comfort than the actual holster.

Welcome!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am close to the same size as you OP. I generally carry owb at 3 o'clock with a safariland paddle holster. I use to carry a M&P9c this way until I sold it for a Shield 9. Same carry method applies.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Welcome to INGO, if you can find some with some options for you to try to have a better idea would be ideal!

bwrin3593

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Anderson
    i do somewhat have a muffin top so it can be uncomfortable. on my black hawk serpa what i did was i went to lowes and grabbed a few flat ended 3/4'' screws and then i used the spacers from my aliengear holster and i pushed it away from my body. so far it works and is whats most comfortable for me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hello all, I am new to IN Gun owners, I just purchased my first handgun a M&P9c. I want to know if there is anyone else out here who is in my same build class. I am 6'3'' about 450lbs, i got a belly. I have a alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB i like it but its not as comfortable as id like it to be. I do have a blackhawk serpa OWB sport that's made for a full size mp, it works but looks ridiculous because mine of course is the compact. i am looking to eventually get the full size but in the mean time i need ideas. thanks for the input!.

I am not as big as you, but do you use suspenders to hold up your pants? I like inside the waist band carry. It is very comfortable and flexible with loose pants. Suspenders will hold the weight.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL CARRY:

1. Pants that fit properly. That means your they accommodate a belly and do not ride below a belly flopped over the waistband.

KingSize Direct: Big & Tall Clothing for Men
    DXL Destination XL: Men's Name-Brand Clothing in XL Sizes

2. A good belt.

www.daltechforce.com
    I'll add to this, a QUALITY holster.

This means:

1. Made for your specific model.
    2. Completely covers the trigger.
    3. Allows one-handed reholstering (does not collapse after draw).
    4. Attaches securely to the afore mentioned "good belt".

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'd go with an OWB holster and a loose shirt to cover
    or
    Shoulder holster with a loose unbuttoned shirt to cover.
    Finding a way to incorporate a handgun in our dressing style is a challenge we all face.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I'm just a little lighter than you and almost always carry a full sized pistol. I carry IWB with a kydex-leather holster (have several brands) at about 4:00 o'clock. I carry all day and have no problems with it. I use a wilderness belt (the kind with a metal V buckle) with extra stitching.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    OP - I'm 5'8" @ 265 w/ a 46ish waist.

I carry IWB using Comp-Tac hardware and various OWB stuff, but enjoy the Raven Concealment holsters. I typically have two spare mags OWB - Support Side.

Pants & Belt are a requirement for comfortable EDC. Holster that is made for the specific firearm you're wanting to carry is required for safety.

Another Vote for Daltech Force belts. Indiana based company that has supported INGO members (not sure it is still available) with a 10% off code of "INGO"...

Top Bottom