• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    As often as I see people selling a Glock or whatever because they need the money for an unexpected expenses, I just can't believe this is a good thing. Paying 12% on a gun you can't afford is just not prudent.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Seems like layaway would be a better idea...no dealing with a bank and no sending weapons to folks who haven't paid for them yet. Sounds like a perfect excuse for a boating accident...and insurance fraud.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Going into debt to show off or to feed the appetite for buying something you can't afford is the American way. Surprisingly it's only 12%.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Guns aren't homes or cars. They aren't a necessity, they're a luxury. If you can't afford the certain luxury, you obviously don't make enough and are living above your means if you have to go into debt for said luxury.

Most people I know in the gun community can't hang on to something for longer than a year anyways, so paying interest on something you aren't going to enjoy for a long time is so dumb.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would love to own a Wilson. Have had the funds to do so several times. Just could not put that much money into a gun. Especially a pistol.
    They are works of Art. They do run very well. The price point is a put off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    QFT. They're really really nice, but price to value ratio is off. Are they really twice as good as a Baer or a Dan Wesson?

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    so what is the repossession process for a gun?

Good luck with that..not like it has a title. say someone buys one on credit...runs in to money problems....sells the gun for it value, pays off the pressing bill and blow the rest of the cash...still has a payment due on his non existent WC. Ah. Good times. Credit rating goes to hell.

My guess is that your need a pretty good credit score to qualify for the plan. But why buy a a luxury item on credit if you can't pay cash. I just don't get it. R

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And if you have that good credit score, you would think you wouldn't need to finance it. I think they had payment plans for Rolexes back in the late 90s. Wonder how that worked out.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get what you guys are saying, and WC's are out of my price range/comfort level anyway, but it is just an option for folks who can choose to use it or not. As long as it takes to get a custom WC, I'd think one would be able to save some funds from the date of order until the build started, but for others this is an option.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I get what you guys are saying, and WC's are out of my price range/comfort level anyway, but it is just an option for folks who can choose to use it or not. As long as it takes to get a custom WC, I'd think one would be able to save some funds from the date of order until the build started, but for others this is an option.

You're right. I've seen the thread about wait times. You could probably order two and save the necessary funds, lol. Don't like the 12% vig though.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This will be successful. You just wait. This is 'Murica. How many men on this very forum have motorcycles / bassboats sitting in their garages they're making payments on, for only using half the year? Are those necessities? Men, boys, and toys. What's your flavor of toy?

Hal DuPont started selling Krieghoff target shotguns this way 20 years ago. Look what has happened to the price of high-end shotguns? And it makes even more sense for a business whose lead-time is long. No more chickening out when the buyer sees something they like better.

All you have to do is sign. Now. While the fever is hot in your mind. What happens after that, is between you and the bank.

Top Bottom