• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I don't wanna blow up my handguard
    I've found a couple parts that I might grab for my AR pistol build -- they are on sale, thus the reason I'm thinking of these specific parts...

a 10.5" barrel
    + a linear comp (measures 2 1/8")
    with a 12" handguard
    * At first glance, this should work with no problem, but keep reading

The linear comp will fit inside the ID of the rail, and I THINK it will be close to a flush fit on the muzzle, with the comp protruding less than 1/2". I love the idea of this, and being a linear comp it will throw everything forward, and shouldn't blow up the handguard, especially if the comp is flush or just in front of the handguard

Does this look/sound ok?
    I ask because the 10.5" barrel is likely the total overall length, including the extension/ramp part...

any input?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would go with a longer barrel to get it over the needed overall length to put a VFG on it. I think that is an 11" barrel. I have shot an AR pistol with a 11" barrel and hand guard. It was plenty long. Unless you have exceptionally long arms I would think that would be ok for you, and that was without a VFG.

Because it's a linear comp I think with everything directed out the front if you have it covered by the hand guard a little bit then no big deal!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Doesnt the flash hider have to be permanently attached to count toward OAL.

Yes... It goes from the crown, or in this case the end of the barrel (which is the end of the break if permanently attached) to the bolt face when it's closed.

Top Bottom