• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Opinions please. Looked at one the other day and it looked to be decent made. Been looking for reviews online and mostly find reviews on the the first generation SCCYs. Anyone here with information on the new ones...thanks guys.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Opinions please. Looked at one the other day and it looked to be decent made. Been looking for reviews online and mostly find reviews on the the first generation SCCYs. Anyone here with information on the new ones...thanks guys.

I've had a CPX-2 for over a year. Probably nearing 2000 rounds by now. Trigger is long but smooth. Reset is almost all the way back out. DA only and I like that I can restrike a hard primer or practice dry fire without racking/resetting the slide. Mags drop free when asked and I have never accidentally had one drop out. Accurate if I am. I just started using a OWB "Bulldog" holster I found at McSports that I like the fit of but have other holsters as well (not hard to find one). Wears IWB comfortably as well. Recently the pin in front of the trigger guard will ease out a little after 100 rounds but Sccy will fix it it I want or I hear that loctite will work- haven't bothered with it yet. Rent one at Parabellum or your favorite range and see what you think. Good bang for your buck 'specially if you can score one for $200 or less used. New prices aren't bad either on sale.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We (Bradis) became a SCCY dealer last year sometime, at the urging of one of our distributors. We have sold probably 50-60 of the things by now, and have only had one come back with any kind of mechanical issue. My personal opinion is that the SCCY is kind of a prettied-up Kel-Tec P11. Slightly better execution, and IMO a better value (same price point as the P11, but comes with 2 mags and a fully transferable lifetime warranty). I would go with the CPX-2 and avoid the CPX-1, as the safety on the latter model is 1) unnecessary given the length and weight of the DAO trigger, and 2) poorly designed and placed.

That said, for about the same money, one can get into a Taurus PT111 G2, which is leaps and bounds ahead of both the SCCY and the Kel-Tec in terms of ergonomics, trigger pull and overall quality.

My :twocents:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Have both the Keltec P-11 and the SCCY CPX-2.

Very close to one another. SCCY has the better trigger (smoother and a bit lighter), Keltec has the advantage of optional flush fitting +2 mags. Carry both, shoot both.

For the specific purpose and use I bought 'em, the DAO trigger was exactly what I was looking for: longer, 'heavier', requiring a definite, purposeful pull of the trigger to fire. As opposed to something with a striker or lighter trigger.

Have about half a dozen, maybe a dozen, friends that also own SCCY's (IIRC, they're all CPX-2's). No complaints from anyone, AFAIK. Same with the Keltec, other than the trigger is heavier than the SCCY.

Doubtful any of 'em have 10,000 rounds through it yet (mine sure don't, maybe half that), but so far no reports of FTF, FTE, etc.

It should be noted, however, that every semi-auto personally owned gets a 'once over' before being put into EDC service. Polish the feed ramp and various bits, etc. Do my own work, so it's just part of the 'routine', and part of the enjoyment of having firearms.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I have a CPX-1 and had a lot of problems early on with the safety coming on during firing. Considered several reasons but never knew for sure what was happening. Would love to have had some slow-mo video! For the price of a phone call to SCCY, I got a safety delete kit. The safety lever is still on the gun, it just doesn't do anything. Zero issues since then. This pistol lives in my truck 365 days a year and comes out to play whenever I am shooting my EDC.
    I used to get my finger on the trigger about the first knuckle and always got pinched/chafed pretty good by the trigger guard. Learned to only use the pad of my fingertip and that has also become a non issue.

Matt

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    My father-in-law has a CPX-2 and he enjoys it. With the size it's a bit snappy and begins to hurt his hands and wrists, but that's because the cartilage in his wrists is pretty much gone. He hasn't had any problems with it and it's his EDC.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I had bought my wife one for mothers day (pink...yes pink...), she didnt like it because the way she would "rack" the slide her thumb would hit the mag release. Something to look out for and test a couple times before buying. I carried it after I bought her a G22 and actually liked it a lot (except that it was pink...) until I got my 1911. Never had a problem with the pins walking out during range time. I actually ended up dying the polymer on it and sold it to a buddy of mine since I had no use for it. He loves it as well. Recoil isnt toooooo bad for a CC 9mm and like others have said, lifetime warranty and 2 mags help the purchase as well!

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I had a gen 2, liked it a lot. Sold it because I never carried it and wanted to use the cash for something else. Got $250 out of it used without much trouble. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

Top Bottom