• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am interested in getting a "commander" 1911. Ideally, I would like it to satisfy the following.
    • Steel Frame
    • No MIM parts
    • Internal Ejector
    • Series 70
    • GI style guide rod (not FLGR)
    • Traditional full grip (not bob-tailed)
    • No forward serrations on slide
    • Made in the USA
    • $800 to $1800 price range

I am not sure this pistol currently exists in my price range, however suggestions would be appreciated.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Getting in the the high end of your price range you may find a used Wilson or Nighthawk if you keep your eyes open and aren't in a hurry. Don't give up anything if you are spending 1800.. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am interested in getting a "commander" 1911. Ideally, I would like it to satisfy the following.
    • Steel Frame
    • No MIM parts
    • Internal Ejector
    • Series 70
    • Made in the USA

I am not sure this pistol currently exists in my price range, however suggestions would be appreciated.

I think you can still pick up one of the Series 70 Colt EN Commanders for that money.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am not sure the pistol with those all of those qualities exists. Looking for something that has everything I want. I am pretty sure I could get that in a custom gun, but I can't afford that.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Getting in the the high end of your price range you may find a used Wilson or Nighthawk if you keep your eyes open and aren't in a hurry. Don't give up anything if you are spending 1800.. :)

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor / RSO

No hurry here. Would love to get a Wilson or Nighthawk, but have never seen a decent one for a low price.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Buy all the exact parts you want and have CM or AllenM or NHT3 fit it all together. Pretty sure you can find everything online: Brownells, Wilson Comabt, etc. Caspian Arms would be a good one too.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Since this is really a WTB ad that has yet to be moved by the mods, I will offer my LNIB Colt Commander Stainless 1911 for $1000.00. It is a Mark IV Series 80 absolutely stock. Your ad says steel, it does not specify blued steel. If you like, I can modify it to series 70 in about 20 minutes.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Since this is really a WTB ad that has yet to be moved by the mods, I will offer my LNIB Colt Commander Stainless 1911 for $1000.00. It is a Mark IV Series 80 absolutely stock. Your ad says steel, it does not specify blued steel. If you like, I can modify it to series 70 in about 20 minutes.

Not really intended to buy here. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of a make and or model.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Check and make sure these are MIM free. Not many guns are MIM free these days.
    I carry a 7 yr old Sig Revolution compact that is absolutely MIM Free. Almost all the newer guns are full of MIM crap.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    • Steel Frame
    • No MIM parts
    • Internal Ejector
    • Series 70
    • Made in the USA

You're very close (money wise) on a fine custom 1911 just the way you want it... Les Baer Custom Inc.

Top Bottom