• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've got this GP100 now and finally ran 4 or 5 cylinders of 38 spec Remington UMC copper jacket fmj through it. I'm a bit anal when it comes to a clean firearm. Anyone have good technique and solvent to help get the carbon fouling off of that terribly hard area around the top of the forcing cone?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    If your GP100 is stainless then I recommend one of these along with a small flat screwdriver to work it into those very small spots around the forcing cone. If yours is blued then do not get one of these near your revolver (it'll take the bluing off).

MidwayUSA Rust Lead Remover Gun Cleaning Cloth

This for sure. I keep a lead away cloth for just that purpose. Also cleans up the cylinder ends nicely.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've also found the "Lead Free Gun Cloths" work great for the forcing cone, and the nasty side of the cylinder.

It will take a finish off, so these are a no-no for blued guns, or even bead-blasted finishes. But on the parts of your stainless GP100 you want to clean off, especially the forcing cone area, it'll do the trick. I often use a small Hoppe's cleaning pick to get the cloth into the tight spaces, especially over the top side of the cone.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Let it soak for a couple of days in Kroil and then a Lewis lead remover should get the job done. If there is still a little copper fouling present, then some JB Bore Paste will help.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Use a pipe cleaner with your favorite solvent. It's thin enough to get in there, and tough enough to drag it back and forth. Toothbrush to finish up.
    Prescut

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If your GP100 is stainless then I recommend one of these along with a small flat screwdriver to work it into those very small spots around the forcing cone. If yours is blued then do not get one of these near your revolver (it'll take the bluing off).

MidwayUSA Rust Lead Remover Gun Cleaning Cloth

Yup I agree also, I have one that I used on my GP100 when I had it.

Top Bottom