Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

The Sig Mosquito is dead.

From G&A Handguns magazine, "due to a change recent export laws in Germany, the Mosquito no longer meet the requirements to be exported. Sig has discontinued it and will be redesigning a new 22 to by made in the USA."

I'll post a link later

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    From G&A Handguns magazine, "due to a change recent export laws in Germany, the Mosquito no longer meet the requirements to be exported. Sig has discontinued it and will be redesigning a new 22 to by made in the USA."

I'll post a link later
    I call BS on their reasoning. If its an export thing, why not send the plans to the US plant and shift production here? Is it any different than some Glocks being made in Austria and others made down in Smyrna, Georgia?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I call BS on their reasoning. If its an export thing, why not send the plans to the US plant and shift production here? Is it any different than some Glocks being made in Austria and others made down in Smyrna, Georgia?
    maybe it's just an excuse so they don't have to redesign it's crappy trigger?

User Info Menu

The P250 in .22LR will more than fill the void, especially because one can convert it to a good defensive caliber.

User Info Menu

Exactly Cameramonkey.. It's not worth saving and needs a redesign. SR-22 and M&P 22 Compact has the market pretty sewed up.. Walther P22 is next.

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor / RSO
    Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm glad it's dead. Both it and the Walther are crappy designs that won't reliably function on nothing but premium ammo. I love the ruger sr22. That thing eats anything but subsonics.

User Info Menu

Is this something else we can blame Ron Cohen for?
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nam1911 View Post
    I'm glad it's dead. Both it and the Walther are crappy designs that won't reliably function on nothing but premium ammo. I love the ruger sr22. That thing eats anything but subsonics.
    Why do the P22's get so much hate? Both of mine run thunderbolts like it's their jobs. If you get the updated magazines, there are very few problems.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterStyle View Post
    Why do the P22's get so much hate? Both of mine run thunderbolts like it's their jobs. If you get the updated magazines, there are very few problems.
    My kids does the same with auto-match..... Always has.

User Info Menu

Hmm...we had a shoot last weekend and one of the guys brought one out. It failed to go into battery most every shot. I even tried to oil it and rack the slide a bunch to see if I could get it to loosen up. Tried different ammo. No help there. You could push the slide the last 1/8" into battery but you would only get the one shot.

I offered to take it one day and do a detail strip and clean and see if I could get it running better. I was thinking I would look for anything that needed a little smoothing up to help it. I even shot it to make sure it wasn't due to limp wristing.

Sounds like maybe I should pass on working on it?

Anything is possible

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast