• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From G&A Handguns magazine, "due to a change recent export laws in Germany, the Mosquito no longer meet the requirements to be exported. Sig has discontinued it and will be redesigning a new 22 to by made in the USA."

I'll post a link later

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    From G&A Handguns magazine, "due to a change recent export laws in Germany, the Mosquito no longer meet the requirements to be exported. Sig has discontinued it and will be redesigning a new 22 to by made in the USA."

I'll post a link later

I call BS on their reasoning. If its an export thing, why not send the plans to the US plant and shift production here? Is it any different than some Glocks being made in Austria and others made down in Smyrna, Georgia?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I call BS on their reasoning. If its an export thing, why not send the plans to the US plant and shift production here? Is it any different than some Glocks being made in Austria and others made down in Smyrna, Georgia?
    maybe it's just an excuse so they don't have to redesign it's crappy trigger?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Exactly Cameramonkey.. It's not worth saving and needs a redesign. SR-22 and M&P 22 Compact has the market pretty sewed up.. Walther P22 is next.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I'm glad it's dead. Both it and the Walther are crappy designs that won't reliably function on nothing but premium ammo. I love the ruger sr22. That thing eats anything but subsonics.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'm glad it's dead. Both it and the Walther are crappy designs that won't reliably function on nothing but premium ammo. I love the ruger sr22. That thing eats anything but subsonics.

Why do the P22's get so much hate? Both of mine run thunderbolts like it's their jobs. If you get the updated magazines, there are very few problems.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hmm...we had a shoot last weekend and one of the guys brought one out. It failed to go into battery most every shot. I even tried to oil it and rack the slide a bunch to see if I could get it to loosen up. Tried different ammo. No help there. You could push the slide the last 1/8" into battery but you would only get the one shot.

I offered to take it one day and do a detail strip and clean and see if I could get it running better. I was thinking I would look for anything that needed a little smoothing up to help it. I even shot it to make sure it wasn't due to limp wristing.

Sounds like maybe I should pass on working on it?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield

I've had absolutely zero issues with my P22. One time, as a test, I ran nearly 1500 rounds of Federal bulk through it, suppressed, before cleaning it. It functioned just fine.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It has to do with german sig not being able to export guns to the US right now. Hence why there is virtually no new sig bolt guns right now or any german made sigs being imported right now.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I've had absolutely zero issues with my P22. One time, as a test, I ran nearly 1500 rounds of Federal bulk through it, suppressed, before cleaning it. It functioned just fine.

Its funny because the Smith and Wesson M&P 22 is the exact same as a Walther P22 right down to the magazine.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

It has to do with german sig not being able to export guns to the US right now. Hence why there is virtually no new sig bolt guns right now or any german made sigs being imported right now.

Exactly. SSG3000s, P210s, a lot of the Mastershop guns, P232s, they were made in Germany and right now Sig is in the shat house for German made guns being imported into the US.

Mosquitos were heavy and hit or miss for reliability. They make the 226 and 938 in .22, coming out with the 250 in .22, and have the GSG rebranded 1911s. Sig has enough 22s, only makes sense (to me) to kill the Mosquito

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My P22 runs well to. I don't really like the thing, but it does run well. My P22 sits untouched ever since I bought a Bersa Thunder 22. I've never owned a Mosquito though.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Its funny because the Smith and Wesson M&P 22 is the exact same as a Walther P22 right down to the magazine.

the full size will, and that's because the full size is made in Germany by walther, the compact is made in America my smith and Wesson, but I don't know about the mags, will the full size fit in the compact?

if you can tell, im a huge sig fanboy,, but dropping the mosquito doesn't bother me, if I was wanting to suppress a 22, I'd use a ruger22/45 lite, or a sr22 or even a smith m&p22 compact,but there are too many ammo problems with mosquitos.

"my mosquito shoots any ammo I put in it" said no one ever!

like I said, I love sigs! but this don't bother me one bit!

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Sig Trailside.

Also: you can STILL get conversion uppers for your Sig fullsize auto frames, so what's the fuss?

-Nate

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Make me another P22 owner that has never had any issues with either of the two that I've owned. Still own the first I bought back when they were supposed to be nothing but trouble. I bet it's had untold thousands of rounds thru it without a single issue, and I run the cheapest bulk ammo I can find in .22s. I traded one to get my 442, but the first one is the wife's pistol and it's not going anywhere until she says so.

Jigga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    There is a pissing contest with Sig Germany & their Govt. right now. Seems no end in Sight. It's a long story.

Top Bottom