• ...and so much more!
  • fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    Before I dive into this review, I want to take a second to address something about the site. Someone in a thread (found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/342665-race-50-who-will-today-what-do-they-want-363.html) recently called me out as a "runner"/ non-contributor since I only have a post count of 50 and primarily have used the classifieds since I joined in January of 2009.

Worthless non-contributor is kind of harsh. And if someone has a problem with how I am carrying myself on the site, I'd ask that they politely message me their concern and advise a way to resolve it. (Hey, just noticed you don't have many posts, would you mind adding some content to the forums, here's a few ideas...). While it's true that since I joined in 2009 I haven't posted a lot, I do read a fair amount on the site and have mostly used the features that matter to me. I've recommended this site to a number of friends and have consistently referenced other people's reviews/opinions when I am getting ready to make a purchase. However, I've always subscribed to the idea that if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I might as well keep my mouth shut.

That being said, I'm not sure why primarily using the classifieds is something to be vilified over. I can rant about how Obama upsets me or how my Glock is better than your XYZ but I think that gets about as much attention and matters about as much as the trash I just took to the dumpster. That'll definitely boost my post count though... I honestly struggle most of the time to think of anything I could really post about on here that hasn't already been said or is worth saying. Writing reviews about the few firearms I own is about my best idea for something that people might be interested in.

By definition, contributor means I contribute. I think of contributing as being someone who does something positive and worthwhile. It doesn't mean I make noise, or troll and hate. And while I understand it is a privilege of the site to be able to post a classified, I think a good classified post is a beneficial contribution. There are trustworthy people on this site looking to buy and sell guns, and when I have something to sell (which really isn't very often) then I have something to contribute. I don't sell junk. I'm not running a business. My prices drop as time goes on. I don't claim to be perfect or an expert on everything. Believe it or not, I even make typos and mistakes some times! But I respect other people's opinions, and in the end both buyer and seller benefit. I've bought and sold things from classifieds over the past few years and it has been a positive experience each time.

So I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone by not posting more. I know there are real contributors on here with a lot to say, and a lot more expertise, news, and other valuable information to share. I'm not one of them, I'm not a very vocal person, and I work as a photographer/IT Consultant, not a gunsmith. I own a few guns and I live in Indiana, so I found this forum and thought I might find a good place to learn, share, and yes, buy/sell guns. I hope the few reviews I have/will have about the few guns I own are worthwhile. I intend to post one for each firearm I own as time allows. Enjoy!

For the review, as mentioned above, keep in mind that this entire post is opinion. I am but one person, with limited experience, and by no means consider myself an expert or perfect reviewer.

http://www.rrtphotography.com/Beretta-92FS-Brigadier/n-P2JRCB/i-hCRNcKS/A] [/url]

So my take on the Beretta 92fs Brigadier INOX. (skip to the bottom if you're just interested in pics).

I have always been a fan of Beretta. When Beretta announced the brigadier was coming back along with the Wilson Combat version, I got very excited. While I didn't have the $1k laying around for the WC, I did pick up a new INOX brigadier as soon as I could (picked it up at Narrow Target downtown, great guy runs that place btw).

Having owned/shot an M9A1, an older 92fs, and a 90-two I had a good idea of what I was getting before it arrived. The main differences with the brigadier model and the basic 92fs are the heavier slide (which is noticeable in the flared out tops of the slide) and the removable front site. Also the word Brigadier is stamped on the slide.

First Impressions:
    The INOX (stainless) finish is superb on these guns. The rubber hogue grips are also a nice touch which hadn't been on any of the previous Beretta models I owned and makes handling the gun feel that much nicer. This is also the first Beretta I've owned that has removable front and rear sites. Beretta seems to be cutting costs in some areas though. The plastic case the gun comes in is much more flimsy than previous cases and I fear that with time, the hinges or the latches will wear and break. Speaking of plastic, the black controls on the gun are primarily plastic along with a few other bits (trigger, mag release, guide rod, lanyard loop, and I'm sure I'm missing something else). I quickly ordered a stainless steel guide rod (mostly for aesthetic purposes). I've heard the plastic guide rod is quite safe and effective, and actually helped in desert environments where sand may have entered the guide rod.

Aesthetics:
    Fit and finish is top notch. Everything moves smoothly. No burs or blemishes. Out of box the gun was clean and ready for the range. Aside from the plastic parts (which all function just fine) I think it is an amazing looking gun. The two tone (black controls, INOX frame/slide) took time to grow on me. I had seen pictures of the older brigadier models and they came with all stainless parts. There is a slight difference in the color of the stainless steel of the slide and the frame, but I assume all of them are like this. Fully loaded, the gun is fairly heavy, still not quite as bulky as the Sig 1911R I have, but close. It's a nice weight though and it pays off when it comes to recoil (as with most metal framed guns). I have heard some complain that the grip is too large but I have large hands and feel like my hand fits the 92fs perfectly.

Shooting:
    Honestly, I'm not a crack shot. But the 92fs is as accurate as the person shooting it. I didn't have a single misfeed, jam, or problem at any point in time when I shot the gun. Both of the 15 round mags the 92fs came with fed well even when fully loaded. I personally didn't notice a major difference in the shooting characteristics of this 92fs (which has a heavier slide) versus my plain old 92fs. Some have said the perceived recoil is much different, but I didn't have both to do a side by side comparison. Recoil wasn't an issue though. The trigger pull in SA is nice, short, and light, although DA was a little trickier... heavy with some slight hesitations as the hammer moves back (again, could just be my lack of experience).

Conclusion:
    It's a 92fs. It's a tried and battle proven firearm, this is just another fine example of the engineering from Beretta. There is a reason the military chose this as their primary sidearm. Keeping your bias and opinions aside, it is a solid firearm. My only gripes are the lack of metal controls. If I were to change anything it would be to have the original INOX version back, with all INOX controls. If you love the 92fs, rest assured that this is a great addition to the family.

Thanks for reading, PM me or post a reply if you have any specific questions.

http://www.rrtphotography.com/Beretta-92FS-Brigadier/n-P2JRCB/i-G4W7CbS/A] [/url]

Full photo album: Beretta 92FS Brigadier Stainless 9mm - rrtphotography

Last edited:

Bstorm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2015
    Sellersburg
    Before I dive into this review, I want to take a second to address something about the site. Someone in a thread (found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/342665-race-50-who-will-today-what-do-they-want-363.html) recently called me out as a "runner"/ non-contributor since I only have a post count of 50 and primarily have used the classifieds since I joined in January of 2009.

Worthless non-contributor is kind of harsh. And if someone has a problem with how I am carrying myself on the site, I'd ask that they politely message me their concern and advise a way to resolve it. (Hey, just noticed you don't have many posts, would you mind adding some content to the forums, here's a few ideas...). While it's true that since I joined in 2009 I haven't posted a lot, I do read a fair amount on the site and have mostly used the features that matter to me. I've recommended this site to a number of friends and have consistently referenced other people's reviews/opinions when I am getting ready to make a purchase. However, I've always subscribed to the idea that if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I might as well keep my mouth shut.

That being said, I'm not sure why primarily using the classifieds is something to be vilified over. I can rant about how Obama upsets me or how my Glock is better than your XYZ but I think that gets about as much attention and matters about as much as the trash I just took to the dumpster. That'll definitely boost my post count though... I honestly struggle most of the time to think of anything I could really post about on here that hasn't already been said or is worth saying. Writing reviews about the few firearms I own is about my best idea for something that people might be interested in.

By definition, contributor means I contribute. I think of contributing as being someone who does something positive and worthwhile. It doesn't mean I make noise, or troll and hate. And while I understand it is a privilege of the site to be able to post a classified, I think a good classified post is a beneficial contribution. There are trustworthy people on this site looking to buy and sell guns, and when I have something to sell (which really isn't very often) then I have something to contribute. I don't sell junk. I'm not running a business. My prices drop as time goes on. I don't claim to be perfect or an expert on everything. Believe it or not, I even make typos and mistakes some times! But I respect other people's opinions, and in the end both buyer and seller benefit. I've bought and sold things from classifieds over the past few years and it has been a positive experience each time.

So I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone by not posting more. I know there are real contributors on here with a lot to say, and a lot more expertise, news, and other valuable information to share. I'm not one of them, I'm not a very vocal person, and I work as a photographer/IT Consultant, not a gunsmith. I own a few guns and I live in Indiana, so I found this forum and thought I might find a good place to learn, share, and yes, buy/sell guns. I hope the few reviews I have/will have about the few guns I own are worthwhile. I intend to post one for each firearm I own as time allows. Enjoy!

I understand what your saying completely. Like yourself, I find that I read alot and only comment on something that I feel strongely about. Some may not like that too much, but to each their own!

For the review, as mentioned above, keep in mind that this entire post is opinion. I am but one person, with limited experience, and by no means consider myself an expert or perfect reviewer.

http://www.rrtphotography.com/Beretta-92FS-Brigadier/n-P2JRCB/i-hCRNcKS/A] [/url]

So my take on the Beretta 92fs Brigadier INOX. (skip to the bottom if you're just interested in pics).

I have always been a fan of Beretta. When Beretta announced the brigadier was coming back along with the Wilson Combat version, I got very excited. While I didn't have the $1k laying around for the WC, I did pick up a new INOX brigadier as soon as I could (picked it up at Narrow Target downtown, great guy runs that place btw).

Having owned/shot an M9A1, an older 92fs, and a 90-two I had a good idea of what I was getting before it arrived. The main differences with the brigadier model and the basic 92fs are the heavier slide (which is noticeable in the flared out tops of the slide) and the removable front site. Also the word Brigadier is stamped on the slide.

First Impressions:
    The INOX (stainless) finish is superb on these guns. The rubber hogue grips are also a nice touch which hadn't been on any of the previous Beretta models I owned and makes handling the gun feel that much nicer. This is also the first Beretta I've owned that has removable front and rear sites. Beretta seems to be cutting costs in some areas though. The plastic case the gun comes in is much more flimsy than previous cases and I fear that with time, the hinges or the latches will wear and break. Speaking of plastic, the black controls on the gun are primarily plastic along with a few other bits (trigger, mag release, guide rod, lanyard loop, and I'm sure I'm missing something else). I quickly ordered a stainless steel guide rod (mostly for aesthetic purposes). I've heard the plastic guide rod is quite safe and effective, and actually helped in desert environments where sand may have entered the guide rod.

Aesthetics:
    Fit and finish is top notch. Everything moves smoothly. No burs or blemishes. Out of box the gun was clean and ready for the range. Aside from the plastic parts (which all function just fine) I think it is an amazing looking gun. The two tone (black controls, INOX frame/slide) took time to grow on me. I had seen pictures of the older brigadier models and they came with all stainless parts. There is a slight difference in the color of the stainless steel of the slide and the frame, but I assume all of them are like this. Fully loaded, the gun is fairly heavy, still not quite as bulky as the Sig 1911R I have, but close. It's a nice weight though and it pays off when it comes to recoil (as with most metal framed guns). I have heard some complain that the grip is too large but I have large hands and feel like my hand fits the 92fs perfectly.

Shooting:
    Honestly, I'm not a crack shot. But the 92fs is as accurate as the person shooting it. I didn't have a single misfeed, jam, or problem at any point in time when I shot the gun. Both of the 15 round mags the 92fs came with fed well even when fully loaded. I personally didn't notice a major difference in the shooting characteristics of this 92fs (which has a heavier slide) versus my plain old 92fs. Some have said the perceived recoil is much different, but I didn't have both to do a side by side comparison. Recoil wasn't an issue though. The trigger pull in SA is nice, short, and light, although DA was a little trickier... heavy with some slight hesitations as the hammer moves back (again, could just be my lack of experience).

Conclusion:
    It's a 92fs. It's a tried and battle proven firearm, this is just another fine example of the engineering from Beretta. There is a reason the military chose this as their primary sidearm. Keeping your bias and opinions aside, it is a solid firearm. My only gripes are the lack of metal controls. If I were to change anything it would be to have the original INOX version back, with all INOX controls. If you love the 92fs, rest assured that this is a great addition to the family.

Thanks for reading, PM me or post a reply if you have any specific questions.

http://www.rrtphotography.com/Beretta-92FS-Brigadier/n-P2JRCB/i-G4W7CbS/A] [/url]

Full photo album: Beretta 92FS Brigadier Stainless 9mm - rrtphotography

I'm a big fan of Beretta guns, hence the name. Thanks for the review. I wish Beretta would do away with the plastic bits as well on the 92's. One day I'll have a full collection, including the WC to make a full comparison!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Very nice write up. I would very much like an INOX Beretta but alas I already have a 92fs that is almost 20 years old. It has been shot enough that the hammer spring feels about like a 16# rather than the 20#.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm a big fan of Beretta guns, hence the name. Thanks for the review. I wish Beretta would do away with the plastic bits as well on the 92's. One day I'll have a full collection, including the WC to make a full comparison!

I tried that when it comes to the 92 series. I figured one of each variant would be nice, until I did some research and found that there are over 100 variations of the 92 Series not counting Italian v US made and slant V straight dust cover!

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County

Why quote the OP? All it does is clutter up the thread. He doesn't need to be quoted to know you are directly talking to him.

Sweet gun OP.

fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! Does anyone know what the last year was they made the full metal INOX versions of the 92fs?

Also, why is it nearly impossible to find all of the INOX controls for sale anywhere? Did Beretta just stop producing those parts all together??

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    They did stop importation of the Italian INOX with all stainless controls stopped early on in 2012 and I haven't seen one since.

~Nice write up and pics, enjoyed reading it OP.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Nice review, A Beretta is not currently on my list but they are nice looking guns. Couldn't justify the money because its not going to do anything my 226 cant, got my hands on a few Berettas at the 1500 and they feel great in the hand..

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    However, I've always subscribed to the idea that if I don't have anything worthwhile to say, I might as well keep my mouth shut.

Goodness gracious, son! Do you want the internet to grind to a halt?!

Nice write up on the pistol.

Top Bottom