• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    But is it really worth switching to an obscure caliber for one more shot out of your little revolver?

Want a small six shooter? Find a Colt Detective Special. Small, 6 shots, 38 special.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm not sure if the .327 is an answer to a question too few asked, or if it's a round that just hasn't had its full utility realized and explored yet. I lean toward the latter, but I'm a .32 fan from way back.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not sure if the .327 is an answer to a question too few asked, or if it's a round that just hasn't had its full utility realized and explored yet. I lean toward the latter, but I'm a .32 fan from way back.

On paper, the cartridge puts a 100 grain boolit at 1500 fps. That's a muzzle energy of 500. Again this is on paper. More power than a 9mm with less recoil than a .357. A high quality boolit like the Gold Dot could do a good job against a BG.

I know we're areally splitting hairs here but this is a gun forum. That's what we do.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I want the 3" SP101 in 327 mag back with the frame groove for a rear sight. This might be an alternative, but 2" is too short for my tastes.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I thought it didn't bode well for the 327 that Ruger hadn't chambered the LCR in 327.

It seems well suited for the LCR, a good defensive round in a small package.
    The extra round over the 38 is also a plus, the 327 may be starting to gain ground in the market.

Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    This caliber has interested me for a while, but as said before doesn't seem to have taken off. As I've heard before a companion lever action might be what really moves it forward. However, this seems like an excellent platform to teach someone about snub-nose revolvers with the variety of ammo it can handle. Don't know off the top of my head, but it might be more cost efficient to go from warm up rounds to hot and heavy. It could also offer a more gradual learning curve to recoil with that variety.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought the new(er) released Ruger SP101 in .327 Fed/mag.
    Mine wears a 4.2" barrel and I just love the thing.

I'm still hoping someone, almost ANYONE, would produce that lever-action carbine.
    I do think that would boost sales of the ammo and other firearms chambered for .327.

I just started reloading and the little .32's are a great learning round.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have always wanted to fire something like this to see if the recoil is something my wife can handle... a snubby for her would be a good choice, but .38's are just to much.

Top Bottom