• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I contacted Taurus about a 140pro I have yesterday, all they did was refer me to the class action website. I wanted mine repaired or replaced, as of now I'm SOL until the lawsuit is settled.
    I own several Glocks so I'll just wait until everything is settled and send my 140pro in. I've heard they replace them with millennium G2's.

Last edited:

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I hear that they are putting together a PR campaign to combat this. One of the ideas suggested was "Blame it on the video". Sounds vaguely familiar for some reason...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus

Amen to that!

I had to learn the hard way with Taurus...I owned 3 of them (2005-2009) and all 3 had to be repaired...the Model 850 .38+P DAO 'titanium' revolver had to be sent repaired twice (they never did fix it and I finally traded it back in) because the cylinder would lock-up after the first round was fired and I had to open up the side plate and take it apart to get the cylinder open to get the other 4 rounds out of the cylinder. I finally sold the other two (things kept coming apart on them while firing) and bought Glocks...zero issues since!

A friend of my wife's purchased 2 Taurus revolvers (a .38 and a .22lr) and she had issues with both...she finally shot my Ruger revolvers and then very quickly sold both of her Taurus's and bought Rugers...and she's has had zero issues with either of them and is very happy with her 'upgrades'!

Q: People ask why I 'dislike' Taurus?

A: Because I've never seen a 'good' one, that worked right consistently, yet!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny, I hear about Taurus being bad, and all the people who have had bad ones, and no doubt about the problems they had, but from my point of view from a sample of one, other than having to figure out how this thing likes to be sighted, my Millennium PT111 Pro has been 100% reliable after several thousand rounds. I am very accurate with it at standard "SHTF" practice distances and trust it as one of my carry pieces. I just have to remember that it isn't a rubber ball and don't bounce it as I don't know what it will do and don't intend to find out.

There was a president and namesake of a major automobile manufacturer who opened a production facility in the USA. As he led a tour group of journalist through, one person noticed a car with a scrap tag on it. The journalist asked the president why he was scrapping a car that otherwise looked ok and could probably be fixed in a rework facility. His reply was what I wish every CEO would believe, something to the effect that "If I sold 100,000 perfect cars, and one bad one, all that I would hear is how bad my cars were. I don't want to risk that."

Could that be the same with the horrible Taurus?

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    The only thing I'm going to say to all the haters is that I have seven Taurus handguns that have had no more issues with them than with any of my other brands.

Regarding the settlement: the conditions were pretty much finalized back in early August. The issue is that the affected models don't have the same trigger safety as the Taurus G2 models, and it is said that the gun can be fired even with the safety on in some very limited circumstance. It's not really a recall, because Taurus is going to offer an 'extended' warranty to those who want to keep their guns. Some of us decided immediately to return our handguns for 'inspection', even before the final decree comes down in January. Taurus was happy to oblige, allowing us to return any of the affected models, including providing a FedEx label to cover shipping back to them. If you didn't send your gun in by about the beginning of October, you're pretty much stuck waiting for the final settlement to come out. I sent my PT-145 back at the end of August, and by the middle of September they had advised me that the inspection was complete and that they would be replacing the gun. I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, as there is no GEN2 PT-145 with the revised trigger safety - it's being replaced by a 24/7 Compact G2. Apparently inventory of replacement guns is an issue, and they are saying 4-6 months for the replacement to show up. But some who sent their gun in by the beginning of August have received the replacement, so I'm hopeful that it will happen sooner. I'm quite happy with getting a replacement for my six year old PT-145 even if it takes a while. I considered just keeping it as I could not create the problem identified in the settlement, but decided that I didn't want to have to try to justify ignoring something like this if I ever had to use the gun in a defensive situation.

So, at least in my case, Taurus is handling the situation just fine as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My 745 has at least 3000 rounds through it, and never the slightest issue......I guess since so many here say Taurus sucks, I'll just throw it away. Oh well, it was a great gun til the INGO experts said it sucked.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Posting to keep track of this, I have a PT 24/7 Pro, was the first handgun I bought. I have put at least 1,000 rds down and not had a problem. I am not opposed to a new gun. I have had great response with the Taurus warranty, gun had a known issue when I bought it, contacted Taurus, shipped it to them, and that was the only cost to me. Not had issue one with any of the 3 I have owned, or the one my mother has.

Just signed up at the lawsuit to be notified when I can submnit a claim.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I have two 24/7's, one being an OSS, I was thinking about keeping the OSS since they don't offer a G2 with a 5" barrel, but after seeing the video, I think they both have to go.

Now I just wish Taurus would be more forth coming with information, I tried chat, and they just referred me to the lawsuit website. No hard details there, like turnaround time or ffl transfer reimbursement.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    The only thing I'm going to say to all the haters is that I have seven Taurus handguns that have had no more issues with them than with any of my other brands.

Regarding the settlement: the conditions were pretty much finalized back in early August. The issue is that the affected models don't have the same trigger safety as the Taurus G2 models, and it is said that the gun can be fired even with the safety on in some very limited circumstance. It's not really a recall, because Taurus is going to offer an 'extended' warranty to those who want to keep their guns. Some of us decided immediately to return our handguns for 'inspection', even before the final decree comes down in January. Taurus was happy to oblige, allowing us to return any of the affected models, including providing a FedEx label to cover shipping back to them. If you didn't send your gun in by about the beginning of October, you're pretty much stuck waiting for the final settlement to come out. I sent my PT-145 back at the end of August, and by the middle of September they had advised me that the inspection was complete and that they would be replacing the gun. I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, as there is no GEN2 PT-145 with the revised trigger safety - it's being replaced by a 24/7 Compact G2. Apparently inventory of replacement guns is an issue, and they are saying 4-6 months for the replacement to show up. But some who sent their gun in by the beginning of August have received the replacement, so I'm hopeful that it will happen sooner. I'm quite happy with getting a replacement for my six year old PT-145 even if it takes a while. I considered just keeping it as I could not create the problem identified in the settlement, but decided that I didn't want to have to try to justify ignoring something like this if I ever had to use the gun in a defensive situation.

So, at least in my case, Taurus is handling the situation just fine as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, 4 to 6 months, that sucks; to bad for folks that don't have a backup.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Taurus is providing zero help on this subject. All I want to do is ship one of my two 24/7 pistols down to Florida for inspection, and possible replacement. I've called, and chatted several times, but keep getting referred to the lawsuit website, which outlines the "enhanced warranty", but not how to take advantage of it.

What a joke, hopefully I don't accidentally drop my gun, and shoot myself.

Top Bottom