• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Just bought me one today at Bradis, gonna go shoot it here in an hour or so and see how I like it. My friend has one and he gave it a good review, and I've read mostly nice things online about them... it seems nice and CC's well. Anyone else have one?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Well, after firing a few hundred rounds... not that bad, I like it. And it sites nice under just about all of my clothes... too bad it's a crime to CC in my town (Speedway).

duboismd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    I had one and really liked it for CCW carry. Reliable and very accurate at CQB range. Needed to sell it to fund another project...

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Well, after firing a few hundred rounds... not that bad, I like it. And it sites nice under just about all of my clothes... too bad it's a crime to CC in my town (Speedway).

Ya lost me on the.....too bad it's a crime to CC in my town?

You have a Indiana permit to carry a hand gun?

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Yes and in Speedway it is illegal to CC.

"9.08.020 Concealed unlawful.

It is unlawful for any individual to carry a concealed firearm within the town limits. (Ord. 358 § 2, 1966)."

Speedway, IN Municipal Code

I hated to hear you say that, but I knew it was coming.

I would have a huge problem with that, as I am sure you do.

I dunno all the legal stuff, but I would carry any way. Might be trouble if your caught, but I am at the end of my rope with RKBA.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I hated to hear you say that, but I knew it was coming.

I would have a huge problem with that, as I am sure you do.

I dunno all the legal stuff, but I would carry any way. Might be trouble if your caught, but I am at the end of my rope with RKBA.

Eh, as I said in another thread... only time I do much here in town is pump gas... so I don't mind OC'n when I'm doing stuff like that, and as soon as I get outside of Speedway, my shirt will go back over my carry weapon :)

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did you get the two tone 380 or the new plain black one that is really thin and flat? I saw one at KS&E and almost bought it.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Did you get the two tone 380 or the new plain black one that is really thin and flat? I saw one at KS&E and almost bought it.

Black, it's not thin and flat though that is the concealed carry edition.

bersa.jpg

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is a newer model 380 by bersa that the guys at KS&E had in stock for a bit but they are out and will be ordering more soon. It's a sweet looking thing and looks like it would be real easy to conceal.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Ya know what's funny tho...

I think it was a COPS episode during the 500 or Brickyard or whatever, and some dude is carrying a snub revolver on his hip...

The nice police officer (I assume Speedway PD, can't remember) checks his license and then tells him to keep it covered up.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Ya know what's funny tho...

I think it was a COPS episode during the 500 or Brickyard or whatever, and some dude is carrying a snub revolver on his hip...

The nice police officer (I assume Speedway PD, can't remember) checks his license and then tells him to keep it covered up.

ISP handles the races for the most part... it could have been Speedway, ISP, IPD, or MCSD... or even reserve IPD/MCSD.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Had a duotone aonce. Very nice gun. Never had a problem and it would feed anything. Highly recommended for a reasonable priced piece.
    I'm not a lawyer, but isn't there someting in Indiana State law that says a city cannot over-rule a state law. I thought that was part of the Indiana gun law.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I bought one of these for my wife. She likes shooting it. I've honestly thought about buying one for myself, as a deep concealment weapon... not too sure I will though since my G19 does the trick in my IWB holster.

Last edited:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    My favorate 380 ammo is Gold Dot. Crono'ed right at 900 FPS out of my little KelTec P3AT. Never got to run the Bersa across the crono but it should do better as it's barrel is slightly longer. The Bersa always gave excellect accuracy for it's size.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah I'm half tempted to buy a second one... I don't know how the hold up over time... I want to put a few thousand rounds at least through one... but right now it's my carry weapon... I bought it at Bradis last weekend, I'm headed back this weekend to do some more shopping, I had my friend with me last time and he wasn't feeling too well so I cut my visit short. I would like to get one of the Bersa 9's as I'm thoroughly satisfied with this... although I'll probably end up rifle shopping this weekend.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    They are good little guns. I hate all the lawyer features (internal lock, mag disconnect, etc), but it is a shooter and doesn't cost too much.

I agree on the 90gr. Gold Dots. Plentiful and they have good performance and reliability.

Xring

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend who has three Bersa .380's. I'm always impressed when I have a chance to soot one of them. Rock solid, digest any ammo, and you can't beat the price!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I just picked up on of these at the Indy 1500. The one I got (for the wife to carry) is all nickel. What sold me on the gun was the decocker and the fact it is a DA/SA. My wife is a good shot and she is not gun shy.. but having one in the chamber with a SA pull concerned her and this solved the problem.
    Its a good shooter and she likes the sights. For $269 you can't go wrong. I want to it load with federal premium 90gr Hydra-Shok but I didn't buy enough rounds yet to test it. I want to know the gun with shoot it without fail so in the mean time I just have 95gr FMJ in it.

Top Bottom