• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    I have a couple that I use for range mags. Work fine. But I would only carry glock factory mags. Just sharing the price. ;)

Expand on this if you wouldn't mind. Are you having issues with them? Exactly why would you only carry GLOCK factory mags? I know LEO's that are running these mags in their EDC and report they run like butter. I of course would expect no different from Magpul. Just wondering what your reluctance is based on, if anything, as I have been contemplating buy a few. Thanks.

Agreed, Not a bad price but you get what you pay for. Depend your life on factory mags. They would be good range mags.

Help me understand why these PMAGS for the GLOCK are expected to be any less dependable than PMAGS for your AR that have basically become "standard issue". I've got HK AR mags that at one time cost as much as 3 - 4 PMAGS combined.

Just looking for some solid feedback on these mags before I spend my dough. If anyone has actual personal feedback as to pluses and minuses on these let me know. I'll prolly buy a few and run them on the flat range for awhile and if they are performing up to the Magpul standard I'll rotate them in.

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Expand on this if you wouldn't mind. Are you having issues with them? Exactly why would you only carry GLOCK factory mags? I know LEO's that are running these mags in their EDC and report they run like butter. I of course would expect no different from Magpul. Just wondering what your reluctance is based on, if anything, as I have been contemplating buy a few. Thanks.

My take on this is that for all intents and purposes Glock and Glock branded stuff is notorious for running perfectly. Their mags can also be found regularly for under $20. Why chance it on an aftermarket magazine to save 6 or 8 bucks? Even if it is Magpul.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do the glock 17 Magpul mags come with the plastic cover to keep the lips from getting broke too?? After my agencies results with the Magpul AR 15 mags lips cracking, back splitting out when they were kept loaded and etc etc etc no way i would carry them as a EDC magaazine. I will wait and see what happens with these in about 3 years and maybe my impression of them will change.

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    DWS

I can't remember for sure, but I don't believe the pmags have any metal inserts in them, like the glock mags do, so not as durable. I have a few of these mags and the polymer doesn't have near the quality feel that factory glock mags do, it feels like it would be more brittle, and they feel like about 1/2 the weight as well. Magpul stuff is usually good, but just from the "feel" of them I would go factory for "life" stuff and use magpul for range use. I think they are worth the price to save wear and tear on your factory mags. I think it is just the sense of quality between the two when you handle them that makes people always say this.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Do the glock 17 Magpul mags come with the plastic cover to keep the lips from getting broke too?? After my agencies results with the Magpul AR 15 mags lips cracking, back splitting out when they were kept loaded and etc etc etc no way i would carry them as a EDC magaazine. I will wait and see what happens with these in about 3 years and maybe my impression of them will change.
    How long ago was this?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How long ago was this?

We had an armorer that drank the Magpul kool aid about 2011/2012 and bought a bunch of them. When they put them on duty we had several issues with the 30 rounders lips cracking from simply the pressure of being loaded, as well as the back of the mags at the seam cracked/split apart. We had some issues with the 20's as well but nothing like with the 30's.

We are still using a few of them since he purchased so many but after they are gone they are gone. With what few we have left of the Magpul we mostly use the USGI with the green follower and have zero issues with duty and training mags (we have separate training mags from our duty mags which I dictated)

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've been using these mags as carry and range mags for about 9 months with 0 issues. They are always loaded, 1 with hollow points and the other 3 with FMJ's/reloaded rounds. Even at $15.95, my opinion is they are fully worth it.

As for the problems with the AR Pmags... just how? Are you guys throwing them around, running them over, and setting them on fire or something? :): I know people who went through tours in Iraq and Afghanistan who brought them back without any problems :):

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've been using these mags as carry and range mags for about 9 months with 0 issues. They are always loaded, 1 with hollow points and the other 3 with FMJ's/reloaded rounds. Even at $15.95, my opinion is they are fully worth it.

As for the problems with the AR Pmags... just how? Are you guys throwing them around, running them over, and setting them on fire or something? :): I know people who went through tours in Iraq and Afghanistan who brought them back without any problems :):

While we all have those folks that would break an anvil with a sponge if left alone for 5 min they werent abused "for the most part". Sure a few of them got dropped here and there but most of it was the back getting split out under the presure of being fully loaded for weeks and months on end.(ones in the pouches were not removed other than for inventory) Something we never had issues with the metal ones and they ran and ran and ran with minimal issues.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    While we all have those folks that would break an anvil with a sponge if left alone for 5 min they werent abused "for the most part". Sure a few of them got dropped here and there but most of it was the back getting split out under the presure of being fully loaded for weeks and months on end.(ones in the pouches were not removed other than for inventory) Something we never had issues with the metal ones and they ran and ran and ran with minimal issues.

That's just surprising to me... I've had one fully loaded for about 5 years now other than after I empty it at the range, then it gets reloaded in case it needs to be used, but I've not seen any splitting or anything. Did you contact Magpul about it?

Sorry for the threadjack! :p

ETA: I guess the Gen 2 Pmags had a problem with that... however Magpul was asking people to send them in and they were sending out new ones. Just found a thread on AR15.com forums. Hmm, I'll have to check and see what gen mine is

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Lancer's seem to be all the rage now for AR mags. And I must say they do make a top tier AR mag.

I have read mixed results with the Magpul Glock mags. Not saying I wouldn't buy some to try, but I have a decent quantity of Glock Factory mags that I only pay $20 a pop new shipped for. So saving 5 bux is not worth the gamble to me.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Lancer's seem to be all the rage now for AR mags. And I must say they do make a top tier AR mag.

I have read mixed results with the Magpul Glock mags. Not saying I wouldn't buy some to try, but I have a decent quantity of Glock Factory mags that I only pay $20 a pop new shipped for. So saving 5 bux is not worth the gamble to me.

Lancer's are awesome. I especially like the transparent mags so you can quickly see how many rounds you have left. They are just pricey!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

This is interesting data! I heard reports of cracked PMags in the first year or two, but they all pertained to the window version, which is why I bought PMags without windows back then.

Maybe the issues were fixed over time? Almost all of mine have been loaded constantly for years and at least a third don't have covers. Maybe I'm just lucky!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Same here I wouldn't mind trying out a few of the Magpul mags for Range mags to use in the pistols and AR9 but Ill only use a factory mag in my EDC.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My take on this is that for all intents and purposes Glock and Glock branded stuff is notorious for running perfectly. Their mags can also be found regularly for under $20. Why chance it on an aftermarket magazine to save 6 or 8 bucks? Even if it is Magpul.

Where can you find factory Glock mags for under 20 bucks? I'd certainly pay the difference if I can find them for that price.

Edit: Here is a great price on the Magpuls, with FREE SHIPPING! I dont' see anywhere at PrimaryArms where shipping is free, so unless you order a bunch of them, this price is probably as good or better than the original post. They are $15.15 at AIM Surplus, and being in Ohio, I usually get stuff from them within a couple days.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom