• ...and so much more!
  • sloppydj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Silver Lake
    Hello all,

I have been looking at purchasing a Sig P938 and looking to find a range that also has that one available to rent. I live in Columbia City and haven't found many ranges that have handguns available to rent or that model. Have I missed some?

I currently have a XDm 3.8 9mm and love that gun!

Another question I have is how many of you when purchasing a new gun have tested before purchasing? Or are those that you might deem a range gun something that you don't necessarily need to test fire ahead of time?

I plan to carry the P938 and that is why I would like to test fire before i spend that much money.

Any thoughts and or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Its worth it. I didnt test fire the P938 just because it felt good and was easy to conceal. Its worth the purchase. A little snappy but much less than anything else in its size range due to the weight. I love mine.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Unless you are one that likes trading guns, then whenever possible, you should handle and test fire before buying. It isn't required and you can always resell if you decide you don't like it, but you can avoid hassle and regret if you test it first. If you can't find a local range that has one to rent, then put out a call here on INGO and you can frequently find someone that will allow you to test theirs at the local range. Your not posting much will be a restriction as you can't exchange private messages with someone until you get to 50 posts.

DavidDC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2015
    Zionsville
    Sorry to hijack the thread. I am new to cc but I am looking into getting a P938 as well. I am looking at the Scorpion model, which the newer versions comes with a threaded barrel feature. What is the benefit to having the threaded barrel and is it worth paying a little more for it? I have found one that is available without it. Thanks again.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The threaded barrel allows you to easily add a suppressor/silencer. If you don't foresee going that route, then don't worry about it.

Given that suppressors are NFA restricted items, there is a fair amount of paperwork, a lot of waiting and a $200 tax involved. There is an entire section of INGO devoted to Class 3/NFA items. If you are interested, you can find all the info you want there.

plbour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    United States
    I didn't test, but then I moved to it from the p238. The 938 is a great little gun. It carries extremely well, and as stated above the weight of it lends to comfortable shooting. Make sure you are ok with the manual of arms though. I have not spent much time with 1911s so flipping off the safety is still something I'm training to muscle memory.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    It's good to be aware of this ^^^
    MOST people that love the P938/P238 were 1911 fans first, and then found it convenient that the general manual of arms carried over the the little Sigs.

sloppydj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Silver Lake
    Thanks for the replies!

I've handled them at the stores and during the research knew that it would take some learning and training with the safety. But my biggest concern was with the size how the recoil would be with the 9mm. I've fired a Glock 42 and that was nice so I'm sure the P238 would be similar if not less as the weight would help. But I'd prefer to stay in the same caliber and thus I'm looking more at the P938.

Thanks again for the responses. I continuously am learning more and more from this forum.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    One of the real/ly nice things about the p938 is that you can rack the slide with the safety on. This adds to my feeling of comfort when I'm clearing it.

Top Bottom