Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The two candidates up for purchase
    1. Smith 686-6 3-5-7 Talo with 5" barrel
    2. Smith 686-6 plus deluxe Talo with 6" barrel
    I'll end up with both eventually but right now focusing on one cause I need to keep the rest of the funds to pay the hospital bills from having our 5th child. These will be BBQ guns and won't see much shooting. Of my 5 kids I have only 1 son and these will end up his as long as he has a good head on his shoulders. I really like the 3-5-7 because of the 5" barrel and unfluted cylinder but also like the deluxe equally well. Im struggling here.

Any suggestions on which one and why

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Suggestion:

1) Bills first and foremost. Buy the guns later. Seriously.

2) 5" barrel without a doubt. ESPECIALLY if it has the unfluted cylinder. (and bonus points for full lug)

3) 6" barrel

4) Talo models generally aren't worth the premium, IMO. But they certainly CAN be if the unfluted cylinder is an exclusive

Have a good one

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I can not speak to the Talo as I have never shot one, but I own a 686, and a Dan Wesson, and I have to tell you I can't choose which is the better gun. My 6" 686 is a superbly well put together firearm and EXTREMLY accurate. I bought mine used from a friend for a song as his boss by marriage decided guns in a house with small children was a no go. I bought the DW for even less $$$ long ago at a GS. I told my friend that the chances were better that Jessie Jackson SR and JR both would have voted for Ronald Reagan for president BOTH TIMES than ANYONE regardless of WHOM could ever make me get rid of any of my fishing poles let alone my guns. My wife coined a quite poignant phrase when she said "I'd rather have Art at the gun range or sitting in a tree stand rather than in a bar stool"

Top Bottom