• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K1LLB0XS373N

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2015
    Morgan County
    I keep watching videos, reading reviews, and it seems that the benefits are marginal it seems at best. I don't use reloads or any +p ammo. Other than some grain variances and hollow points. The question is has anyone locally made the swap to a stock barrel length Lone Wolf Barrel or a threaded w/ compensator and felt the 100-200 dollar investment is worthwhile?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    get the barrel if:
    - wanting to use suppressor - you already mentioned the threaded barrel option
    - shooting LOTS of lead reloads

It's likely not worth it if the only thing you want to do is run LW's comp (but that's just me). If that's the case, it might be worth looking at a dedicated competition-style gun.

Stock glock barrels are tough as nails and accurate. I'd only run LW if I NEED the comp or a suppressor

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I run a Lone Wolf barrel with a Carver 4 port comp on the 17 I built up for competition. For me it was very worthwhile, I run a 124 JHP at 1150 and the muzzle flip is minimal and very fast back on target.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a conversion barrel for my G23 that lets me shoot 9mm. Those are a good thing to have. I've run a bunch of ammo through my G23 with the 9mm barrel and it's been perfectly reliable. As for a barrel for .40? I'm happy with the stock barrel when I shoot .40.

Top Bottom