KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I like the grips better on the Gen 3 19 and 26. I like the Gen 4 G21 better than the Gen 3. Guess the three Glocks I own ;)

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Saw lots of videos over this on Youtube yesterday. Most were opinions on the grip texture and size. On function, there was only one. The G4 has a larger and reversible mag release and different backstraps for grip adjustment. Internally, the G4 has the "bump" on the pin block actuator. It's reason for being there seems very legit. Other than that, no one had anything of value to say.

I had the choice and got the Gen4 because of the mag release. That plus one extra mag justified the added expense over the G3 for me.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    The 19, Gen 4 fits my hand better than the Gen 3. Can't put my finger on it, but I feel a difference. Mag release doesn't matter much. The grip texture and width makes the difference.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    19 gen 4. Fits my smaller hands much better than the gen 3. I also really like the beavertail with the backstraps. Used a dremel to cut the bottom half off so i get the beavertail without adding to the size of the grip.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Grip angle is a myth. The angles and profile are nearly identical with the overall size of the G4 being smaller until the backstrap is changed. This shows how small the difference really is.
    Gen4grip.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I own a pair of Gen II's...a G-19 and a G-23...and I like them better than the III's or IV's...but for the purpose of this survey, I voted for the Gen III's over the Gen IV's...but everyone has their personal likes / dislikes!

Top Bottom