• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have noticed that there seem to be two types of people when it comes to Glock pistols. People either love them or hate them. I am one of the Glock fans. They seem to fit my hand perfectly. They have a low bore axis, the slide release is far enough out of the way that I don't actuate the release inadvertently while shooting them. They are among the best pistols for size/capacity balance.

I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea and I like a number of different brands of pistols, but overall they just seem to work for me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You and I are the only sane people. Everyone else is insane.

Seriously, I own a Glock and I have shot it many times. For me, it just doesn't feel right in my hand. However, the amount of Glocks sold is a sure indicator that they are excellent guns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have noticed that there seem to be two types of people when it comes to Glock pistols. People either love them or hate them. I am one of the Glock fans. They seem to fit my hand perfectly. They have a low bore axis, the slide release is far enough out of the way that I don't actuate the release inadvertently while shooting them. They are among the best pistols for size/capacity balance.

I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea and I like a number of different brands of pistols, but overall they just seem to work for me.
    I am not in either of those groups. I actually have 3 Glocks and plan on getting a fourth. So I don't hate them. I just don't fall in the fanboy group either. There are some other handguns that I like better and some worse. I guess I am neutral about them and the depth of feeling some people have (pro or con) mystifies me.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am not a cheerleader for Glock but got one in a drawing a couple years ago; GEN4 Glock 26. I also never had a desire to buy a Glock but $5 for a ticket was quite a bargin. It is accurate and most important it goes "bang" every time. Jim.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    There are prettier pistols, there are more ergonomic pistols, but there is no another pistol that I am more sure that will never fail me in an emergency situation. A Glock 19 is my idea of the best all around pistol on the market.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?

Not everyone is you. I like 1911s just fine but they don't fit my hands very well so I don't carry or shoot them regularly.

Glocks fit my hands very well and they have the added bonus of being available in 10mm capable of full-house loads. Win all around.

If you don't like them, don't buy or shoot them, but everyone needs to make up their own mind on these things.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    The deal is some people like them and some people don't, understand? If you don't care for them then don't worry about what everyone likes and go enjoy what works for you. Heck, you might like Cobras and Hi-points.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Part of the problem with you not understanding them...might be because you've never used one. Initially I was a fan...I loved how wadded up all the 'guns have to be metal & wood' people would be over them, but I never did buy one for a long while. Always had a love affair with the 1911 and might have become a bit of a snob...then after watching people who could choose what they wanted to shoot, any brand, any caliber and any size...I saw they were shooting Glocks and dominating so many of the shooting sports with them. So I gave them a try...that was probably 20 Glocks ago. I love CZ and SIG and they fulfill that 'metal and wood' desire but there aren't many that combine what a Glock handgun gives to it's user. After thousands and thousands of rounds through all different makes and models I see what makes me turn to Glock at nearly every opportunity for a carry or serious competition gun.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I chose to carry a Glock due to the efficiency of firepower. They hold a lot of rounds for the size. They also have an appeal for people who like to tinker or customize their guns. With a simple punch you can disassemble the entire thing. Since I shoot it well and it points naturally for me, it seems to be a good fit. Now, when holding a Glock next to an HK or something, initially you think the Glock sucks. But grip shape and texture on an HK is a bonus, but the Glock more than makes up for it in price, firepower, accuracy, and ability to customize it with aftermarket parts.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Big fan of Glocks and 1911s! Glocks are the quentisential polymer framed, striker fired pistol. They are the standard for that market. Affordable, easy to find, lots of accessories, every choice for a holster, easy to find magazines, easy maintanence, low bore axis, useable trigger. They have a reputation for being reliable. Nothing wrong with a Glock, they are a great defensive pistol.

People really put to much thought into nitpicking the looks or feel of the Glock. There is nothing special about these soulless pieces of plastic and metal. They are a pistol that 99.9% of the time will work right out of the box with any cheap ammo on the WalMart shelf. Built for utility and economy.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think that part of the Glock Mystique is that they were the first to successfully produce a polymer frame handgun.
    That established them as the one that all else was measured by.
    That initial fan base has never quit growing.
    I remember drooling over them in the 80's just because they were so spartan and utilitarian.
    And they worked.
    There are dozens of polymer framed handguns manufacturers on the market today just as good as Glock with the same or higher capacity.
    Some people actually like the M&P's better (gasp).
    But Glock is still the one they compare the M&P to when they talk about how great they are.

Top Bottom