• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    :ugh:
    I ordered an FNS-9c. Picked it up yesterday and put 5 mags through it last night and 5 more tonight. 2 failure to feeds and 3 failure to ejects, and I traded it for a Glock 19. I only had time to put 3 mags through it, but no failures! I know I will never like it as much as my Hi-Powers or some other pistols I have, but looks like it will definitely get a lot of carry time.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I WAS never a Glock fan but my old body determined it was time for a Glock 19. I absolutely love the thing. Accurate, fast, ample round capacity, light, and dependable as it gets. I got mine in the two tone grey so it's not real ugly.
    What's not to like?
    Congrats on the new purchase. Oh, I have about 1,600 rounds with about any ammo imaginable.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I had a similar situation, just no misfeeds.... After picking up a G19 I didn't in love with it, however I keep gravitating to it's simplicity..... Does that make me Simple Minded?:dunno: Who cares, they work!

Welcome to ClubGlock!
    :ar15:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If I understand correctly:

1) you ordered a POS pistol
    2) you experienced the expected failures
    3) you traded it for a slightly less POS pistol
    4) the slightly less POS performed better
    5) you miss your non-POS pistols and recognize that you won't ever approximate the joy of non-POS pistols while carrying POS.
    6) you're planning on "carrying it a lot" because you know that there is no joy in actually shooting it.

Did I capture it???

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If I understand correctly:

1) you ordered a POS pistol
    2) you experienced the expected failures
    3) you traded it for a slightly less POS pistol
    4) the slightly less POS performed better
    5) you miss your non-POS pistols and recognize that you won't ever approximate the joy of non-POS pistols while carrying POS.
    6) you're planning on "carrying it a lot" because you know that there is no joy in actually shooting it.

Did I capture it???

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Something like that! My favorite pistol by far, is the Hi-Power! But I just can't carry it comfortably. There is a certain joy and pleasure shooting them that I don't get from the Glock, but I still plan to carry the Glock for obvious reasons.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I ordered an FNS-9c. Picked it up yesterday and put 5 mags through it last night and 5 more tonight. 2 failure to feeds and 3 failure to ejects, and I traded it for a Glock 19. I only had time to put 3 mags through it, but no failures! I know I will never like it as much as my Hi-Powers or some other pistols I have, but looks like it will definitely get a lot of carry time.

Curious which of the 3 mags gave you the most problems ?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Curious which of the 3 mags gave you the most problems ?
    I had to think about that for a minute. I had 4 of the 12 round mags and 1 of the 17 rounders. I believe it was the 12 rounders. I thought I stole the pistol at $409, but almost $90 for 2 extra mags and the un reliability turned me off. I probably could have sent it back. The extractor looked like it was chipped. I just didn't want it after all the failures. The Glock came with 2 10 round mags. Half way through the deal I noticed. He was surprised as well, and sold me 4 15 round mags for the price I paid for 2 FN mags.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

Hmmmm....I've owned a Glock pistol since 9/11...and have gone through about 15 of them since. I have an older Gen II Glock 19 that I bought (still NIB) in 2010 and I love it! My EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...it's the most accurate little .45 I've ever shot...and the grip is comfortable in my smaller-sized hands!

Welcome to the Dark Side...enjoy the kool-aid! :koolaid: and :woot: ! ! ! :cool:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Where's the ruger love.

Right here!

I'm kind of on the verge of Glock as well. I just honestly do not have a reason to switch. I completely love my SR9, SR9c, and SR45. Literally has every upside that the Glock has EXCEPT aftermarket product availability. Mine have been 100% reliable, accurate, and carried routinely. I also like the grip angle better than Glock.

BUT....

Ever since Glock started manufacturing in the US, I've been wanting one. I really don't know why as I truly have no good reason to be drawn to them over my SR's.

Top Bottom