• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I recently picked up a 19-3 Nickel from the INGO classifieds. I treated it to a little Mother's detail wax and spoke lovingly to it until we could go to the range today.

P2070149_zpsyhsvffbv.jpg

As everyone on INGO knows, if a gun can't take out Bigfoot so you can collect his hat, it's not worth having. Bigfoot's primary weakness is his Achilles' eardrum.

20160212_141002_zpsvas5fkjc.jpg

Still having trouble getting that elusive ear canal shot, but I think I got his attention.

20160212_141332_zps1f8klm65.jpg

I started out a little low, but figured out the sight alignment pretty quick. I really dig the yellow front sight.

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I was looking and looking at that M19 in the classifieds, and waited too long. Beautiful, gorgeous example, and wow, did it shine it up nice. And those shots make it look like a keeper. Well bought, and well shot!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nice shooting Duke!!!! Laura answered the phone the other day and I heard her giggling and cutting up with someone (which she has never done with a customer on the shop phone)....Guess who it was???

I'll give you a hint.....

Deer-Buck-image.jpg

I see your Ruger D/A trained trigger finger is adjusting to the smooth, classy, glassy, D/A pull that is the classic Smith and Wesson trigger pull so beloved by folks of good taste....:)

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nice shooting Duke!!!! Laura answered the phone the other day and I heard her giggling and cutting up with someone (which she has never done with a customer on the shop phone)....Guess who it was???

I'll give you a hint.....

Deer-Buck-image.jpg

I see your Ruger D/A trained trigger finger is adjusting to the smooth, classy, glassy, D/A pull that is the classic Smith and Wesson trigger pull so beloved by folks of good taste....:)

I talked to him today and he mentioned that. It's too cold for him to get out at the moment or he'd have stopped in.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Fine and classic handgun. Great shooter, wouldn't hesitate to carry for defense. Home of field would do the job it was made for. I also saw that one and got my memory banks turning.
    Owned the same in SS. M66, 4in. Was a fine handgun, no issues.
    Enjoy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Fine and classic handgun. Great shooter, wouldn't hesitate to carry for defense. Home of field would do the job it was made for. I also saw that one and got my memory banks turning.
    Owned the same in SS. M66, 4in. Was a fine handgun, no issues.
    Enjoy.

I'm tempted to qualify it and make it my court gun. My Wiley Clapp GP100 currently fills that role.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    That is very nice.

The model 19 is the handgun I used when I first started learning to shoot seriously and carry daily, and I carried it for a long time before I finally went to a semiauto for daily carry. I used a six-inch barrel in our revolver club, but the four-inch version is such a nicely balanced handgun. Great conformation, if you're a horsey person.

Actually I have two - a blued one and its stainless steel cousin, the Model 66, both with four inch barrels, both inherited from my father. Now that Texas has open carry, I may have to get a double rig for parties and such. :D

Top Bottom