Best replacement Glock trigger assembly set?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    So it's possible I may have over polished my Glock trigger assembly when doing the trigger job on it. I won't go into details but I think it's best that I replace the stock parts that I polished with new, untouched parts.

Can anyone recommend a good source of trigger kits for the Glock? It doesn't have to be stock/OEM parts but this is something I do sometimes carry (but it's also a range/target gun too) so I'm open to the idea of a non stock trigger assembly as well.

Thoughts?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I recommend sticking with stock parts. You'll find lots of people who install aftermarket parts and are happy with them and you'll find just as many who had issues. I don't take issue with a little polishing but stock parts have always worked for me, never had an issue with stock trigger components in 20+ years of using them.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Pretty sure US Defense Solutions has stock and aftermarket parts in stock but I don't know how far away from them you are.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ghost drop in 3.5 or one of thier rocket connectors if you want to fit it. I am a big fan of the apex trigger and bar (stock bar but with a metal trigger).

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Ghost drop in 3.5 or one of thier rocket connectors if you want to fit it. I am a big fan of the apex trigger and bar (stock bar but with a metal trigger).

+1 I installed a Ghost Rocket 3.5lb trigger kit in my G22, filed and polished to my liking and I couldn't recommend anything better for the price. It's been 100% reliable since I installed it, which I would say is somewhere around 5-6 years ago.

A friend of mine installed the Zev drop in trigger and really likes it also. I didn't put any rounds through the gun when I felt it, but from dry firing I would say the Zev is crisper than the Ghost. It's also a $250 compared to $40.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I was impressed with Ghost EVO in buddy's guns-- made it feel a lot like his PPQ. Stock trigger always worked ok for me. A basic 25 cent polish job was a noticeable improvement.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I ended up going with a Ghost trigger and spring kit. The trigger is awesome now. Certainly not for carrying, but after spending an hour slowly firing the trigger control tab down to just the perfect spot I've got hardly any reset at all. Replaced the springs with some target springs and it just feels great.

Can't wait to take it to the range and put it into action, but dry firing at home has been a pleasure.

This is the kit for anyone curious or interested: Amazon.com : Ghost Inc. Evo Elite Glock Trigger Connector 3.5 lb EETIK : Sports & Outdoors

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Stock internals, for sure.

I dig the minus connector and NY1 spring, with a little polishing. But I like shooting TDA and LEM guns, so a rolling break is what I prefer not a wall. I also dislike the serrated G19 shoe.

If you are wanting an actual aftermarket trigger, I think the SSVI Tyr is top notch. Run it with OEM internals as well.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm a big fan of stock Glock! That said, I had a chance to go round with a friend's 19 fitted with a Dues Ex Machina flat trigger with a minus connector, this will be my next Glock purchase. Very crisp break(for a G), the reset was phenomenal, and the flat trigger really does help.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I ordered a Glock Kraft trigger shoe. I replaced the serrated trigger/bar with a smooth last week and the trigger safety had a slight hang up in it. It never failed to return where it should but I didn't like the delay so I ordered a flat shoe to replace it. This will keep the internals stock and allow me the benefit of the flat trigger.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    :popcorn:

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I ordered a Glock Kraft trigger shoe. I replaced the serrated trigger/bar with a smooth last week and the trigger safety had a slight hang up in it. It never failed to return where it should but I didn't like the delay so I ordered a flat shoe to replace it. This will keep the internals stock and allow me the benefit of the flat trigger.
    All my G's get the factory 17 smoothie, I hate, hate, hate the freakin' serrated one. I also Dremel down the edges of the trigger safety to get a little better feel. The DEM, though is just real nice!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    All my G's get the factory 17 smoothie, I hate, hate, hate the freakin' serrated one. I also Dremel down the edges of the trigger safety to get a little better feel. The DEM, though is just real nice!

Agreed. I despise the serrated trigger and all of the new Glock triggers I've felt over the last several years seem to have a very proud trigger safety which doesn't come close to laying flush when depressed. Spend a day on the range with one and my trigger finger is not happy with me.

I ruined the trigger on my G43 trying to neuter the safety so it would lay flush and smoothing the serrations down. I apparently took too much off and the safety would rotate too far forward leaving a nice pointy shard hovering out in front of the trigger shoe. I had to buy a replacement for it. If this Glock Kraft shoe offers what I'm hoping it will I'll probably buy another one for the G43.

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale

The Glock Kraft with stock internals feels as heavy as the stock trigger but in a different way. Close to no take up and a vey short reset, but the reset is very positive like the stock trigger. It has a super crisp break which I love. Changed out some springs and put in a 3.5lb connector and honestly might go back to completely stock as I personally think it felt better

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've never messed with the springs and I've always been fine with the standard connector. I've smoothed out a trigger or two over the years but have always used stock parts aside from the LW adjustable shoe I tried on my 43 for a short time. I wasn't comfortable with the adjustability aspect so I took it back out.

I've handled a flat trigger or two and I liked the way they felt. If you decide to part with the Glock Kraft let me know. If I like this one in my 19 I'll probably put one in the 43.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I agree with jag09 about the reduced pre travel but otherwise, the Glock Kraft shoe doesn't feel any different than the stock trigger. That doesn't come as a surprise since I'm using it on the stock trigger bar but I do really like the way it feels compared to the stock trigger shoe.

D5CBF6CD-55DA-44C1-B52C-56876B52EDF3_zpstwou4zbz.jpg

Top Bottom