• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I purchased a new G43 that had the upgraded Talo sights and shot with two friends yesterday. At 15-20 feet we were all about 5 inches left.

I have two other glocks and have never been off from the factory. Visually the spacing of the back sight looks the same on both sides. I would chalk it up to me but we all three were off and all pretty good shots.

Anyone ever experienced this from a new Glock?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lots of people shoot left with glocks. Correct it with proper shooting form or drift the rear sight.

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    I was hitting to the left with my Glock 19 when I first took it out. The problem turned out to be me. I was inserting my trigger finger too far in on the trigger. Worked on using just the pad of my finger and the pull to the left corrected.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    na96WF3.jpg

This is always helpful.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Move the target five inches to the left. Problem solved.

Your welcome :):

Actually the G43 has shown to have a heavier than normal 5.5 lb pull. There are several threads on here about upgrades.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    With it having a much thinner frame it is very easy to get too much trigger finger in there and that will push you low and left. try hooking your trigger finger and finishing flat. that should help a bit along with some dry fire practice too.

I love my G43 and I also have the Talo edition too. What a great little gun!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If 3 people all had the same point of impact, I'd be tempted to say it's the gun and drift the rear sight a bit. If everyone shot left but different amounts, then I'd be tempted to shoot it from a rest and evaluate if the POI is still not hitting POA.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I was hitting to the left with my Glock 19 when I first took it out. The problem turned out to be me. I was inserting my trigger finger too far in on the trigger. Worked on using just the pad of my finger and the pull to the left corrected.

I was just the opposite with my G19 Gen4. Not deep enough with the trigger finger. I was shooting to the left.
    It didn't take long to figure it out.
    I'm pretty fair with the Glock now. Not as proficient as with my 1911s but more than acceptable.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    If you're 5 inches off at 15 feet, you would be able to notice that much of the rear sight off-center.

I would have someone pull the trigger while you hold the gun and aim in. See where they hit then.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    It took me a little time to get used to both the sights with no dots in the back and the trigger pull, and was having the same issue as you. After a box of ammo, I got the hang of it. Just took some practice. I still think it's weird the "night sights" version doesn't have any night sights in the rear. But it was in stock so I bought it before someone else did.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Any range should have a Range Safety Officer with higher than the average joe pistol control, have them shoot 2-4 shots with it before assuming it is the gun. I work at a range and you'd be AMAZED at how often we show people it isn't the gun, the smallest grip or trigger finger placement can make a big impact difference. Have had groups of 2,3,4 or more all swear the gun was off...only to discover our little red headed female RSO shows them they are incorrect haha! The look on their face is priceless.

In the end though some guns do need a sight pushed, and is very easy to do.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    If you're 5 inches off at 15 feet, you would be able to notice that much of the rear sight off-center.

I would have someone pull the trigger while you hold the gun and aim in. See where they hit then.

Absolutely not, no one should ever squeeze the trigger of a firearm they are not personally looking down the sights on. Improper firearm handling.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Not sure you understood him. The exemplar drill is time tested and used by most professional trainers in just such situations.

No I know the drill, and have never thought it professional or proper at all. If you have a professional trainer around simply hand them the gun and see if it is the sights or the shooter. :D

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    5 inches off at such a close distance is quite a lot. Get a good Glock shooter to fire it at 25 yards and see if it still shoots left. He should be able to hold a 3" group at that distance off-hand. If it still shoots left, send it back to Glock. I had a Glock that consistently shot to the left. It was the gun. I put adjustable sights on it and drifted the sight in the dovetail right, as well as, moved the adjustable sight to the right and it shot spot on.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    I had the same problem. But I had to use more finger on my Talo. I had to get off the pad and right to the crease. I also put +2 magazine extensions on my mags. That gave me a whole different grip. And my 43 is now 8+1.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I had the same problem. But I had to use more finger on my Talo. I had to get off the pad and right to the crease. I also put +2 magazine extensions on my mags. That gave me a whole different grip. And my 43 is now 8+1.

I've added the Ghost +2 mag extensions and WOW what a difference that does make. I've now got 3 mags, all with the Ghost, and I'm ready to go! it does make them the most expensive magazines I own!

Top Bottom