• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm about to buy a new carry 9mm. I've carried a full size 1911 for the past year and it's just a bit cumbersome. I've already done the research on glocks but I hate the way they feel in my hand, any suggestions?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have a CZ 75 that is probably my favorite, but i carry a polymer gun for the weight savings. The polymer is also not as cold on my skin during winter months.

The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    CZ-75 Compact is in your future. Or if you want a lighter version and don't mind a decocker only the PCR is a great choice... If you can find one. They tend to disappear quick.
    Yeah I'm starting to see that might be my best choice, is there any other 9mm worth mentioning that doesn't have a polymer grip? Not a fan of the 92fs either

The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have a CZ 75 that is probably my favorite, but i carry a polymer gun for the weight savings. The polymer is also not as cold on my skin during winter months.
    A buddy of mine is a glock fan and has many spare parts that he would give me for free. so if I do end up with a polymer grip it's most likely going to be a glock 19 for that reason alone.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    When I decided to find a single stack 9mm....I shot the Keltec PF9 and P11, Ruger LC9 and LC9s, Smith and Wesson Shield, Walther CCP & PPS, Springfield XDS, Sig 938 & 290, Glock43, Kahr CW9 & CM9 and I'm probably forgetting something else...but I finally went with the Bersa BP9CC.

Reasons are for me no external safeties, extremely crisp no wall and extremely light trigger, reset is comparable to the short one on a PPQ if you have one (shorter than Glock as comp), didn't feel small in hand like the LC9 but touch slendier in hand than the Shield felt, holds 8+1 and comes with 2 mags.

My personal recommendations in the group would be the Bersa, Shield, LC9S and the Glock 43. I do feel in that group anyone can find their single stack 9mm. Of the others the CCP is a solid gun, the Kahrs are great for the money and the 938 is by far the choice for 1911 fans.

Just some thoughts. Shoot as many as you can but those 4 I'd try really hard to get a chance to shoot. If you are ever up near the Elkhart/Goshen area I'd be happy to let ya shoot my Bersa if you can't locate one.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have tried many mid size 9mm and the Ruger SR9C fits my hands best. It came with a 10 round mag and a 17 round w/sleeve. I have shot 500 plus rounds without a failure of any type. Good luck.

The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    When I decided to find a single stack 9mm....I shot the Keltec PF9 and P11, Ruger LC9 and LC9s, Smith and Wesson Shield, Walther CCP & PPS, Springfield XDS, Sig 938 & 290, Glock43, Kahr CW9 & CM9 and I'm probably forgetting something else...but I finally went with the Bersa BP9CC.

Reasons are for me no external safeties, extremely crisp no wall and extremely light trigger, reset is comparable to the short one on a PPQ if you have one (shorter than Glock as comp), didn't feel small in hand like the LC9 but touch slendier in hand than the Shield felt, holds 8+1 and comes with 2 mags.

My personal recommendations in the group would be the Bersa, Shield, LC9S and the Glock 43. I do feel in that group anyone can find their single stack 9mm. Of the others the CCP is a solid gun, the Kahrs are great for the money and the 938 is by far the choice for 1911 fans.

Just some thoughts. Shoot as many as you can but those 4 I'd try really hard to get a chance to shoot. If you are ever up near the Elkhart/Goshen area I'd be happy to let ya shoot my Bersa if you can't locate one.
    Thanks for the detailed response buddy, I may take you up on that offer if I'm ever near goshen.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah I'm starting to see that might be my best choice, is there any other 9mm worth mentioning that doesn't have a polymer grip? Not a fan of the 92fs either

The 75 compact comes with plastic grips, fixable for $50 or so though.

As a rule I do not like Glocks, and this really pains me, and I know you said you don't like them either, but for some reason I can shoot my G26 better than I can my CZ compact.

The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The 75 compact comes with plastic grips, fixable for $50 or so though.

As a rule I do not like Glocks, and this really pains me, and I know you said you don't like them either, but for some reason I can shoot my G26 better than I can my CZ compact.
    Where is that 50$ fix done? My buddies g19 handles Pretty damn well, I had the chance to shoot a sig mk25 and had one of my best pistol groupings ever. But the price tag on that gun is a bit high.

Top Bottom