• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Oh, thanks for your input buddy. The gun I wanted to sell already sold lmao, so it really doesn't matter at this point. Was asking a serious question but it's clear you can't see past your neckbeard. Get off my post kid.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Oh, thanks for your input buddy. The gun I wanted to sell already sold lmao, so it really doesn't matter at this point. Was asking a serious question but it's clear you can't see past your neckbeard. Get off my post kid.

Nope just could not tell if this was a serious post much like the 15 you started yesterday. And Recover Tactical makes grips for 1911's that add rails, they look god awful though. Hmmm neckbeard never been called that one before.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is an open forum. Your intent has been clear since you started.

I'd love to stay and watch the fun, but I can't. I'm getting ready to take a dozen guns to the range for a meet up with someone on here that I've never met for a shoot. See, he and his wife were looking for something for her to carry, and since there isn't any place close to rent anything well I thought I would offer. That's the kind of thing we do on this site. That's why we call it a shooting community here instead of Armslist, Gunbroker or Facebook. Maybe you would get the idea if you took the time to actually see what the site is about.

I'll read the aftermath once I get back this evening. Good luck.

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

Well, we can tell what you're here for. I'm sure with this attitude your stay won't be long here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On a kinder note.....Brownells has 2 or 3 offerings as to your needs.
    All require some skills to get mounted properly.
    I have used several of them and just did put one on the spouses new to her commander length 1911.

Here is an example...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a Springfield trp without a rail, is there any parts I can buy to be able to add an aftermarket rail for a flashlight?

I will be kind like my hero The Mouse. My suggestion is don't worry about the rail and invest in a quality handheld light. Then learn to use it properly. Don't get me wrong I like weapons lights. I just choose to keep them on my long guns. We do keep a dedicated home defense handgun and it has a light mounted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will be kind like my hero The Mouse. My suggestion is don't worry about the rail and invest in a quality handheld light. Then learn to use it properly. Don't get me wrong I like weapons lights. I just choose to keep them on my long guns. We do keep a dedicated home defense handgun and it has a light mounted.

The rail on the spouses commander is actually for green laser.
    She has just recently come back to the fold and is doing point and shoot drills on full size silhouettes. Developing muscle memory and she is fairly deadly with this technique. The Comp. Barrel keeps the nose down on the .45.......:)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The rail on the spouses commander is actually for green laser.
    She has just recently come back to the fold and is doing point and shoot drills on full size silhouettes. Developing muscle memory and she is fairly deadly with this technique. The Comp. Barrel keeps the nose down on the .45.......:)

Wives with freaking lasers throwing around 45 caliber boolits. :faint::faint:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've never been a fan of railed 1911's, I suppose they have their place, but I like the look of a traditional 1911.
    I also don't use one as a self/home defense gun, I know it may offend the 'Mouse, but I carry a Glock 31 chambered in .357sig. smoking round. So I have 16 rounds in the gun, and 3 spare 15rnd. mags.
    I think that will get it done.
    To each their own, maybe you should look at other options and keep your 1911 for range fun..........

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never been a far of railed 1911's, I suppose they have their place, but I like the look of a traditional 1911.
    I also don't use one as a self/home defense gun, I know it may offend the 'Mouse, but I carry a Glock 31 chambered in .357sig. smoking round. So I have 16 rounds in the gun, and 3 spare 15rnd. mags.
    I think that will get it done.
    To each their own, maybe you should look at other options and keep your 1911 for range fun..........

No offense here my friend.
    I have softened but Glocks do hate me.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have a Springfield trp without a rail, is there any parts I can buy to be able to add an aftermarket rail for a flashlight?

I know Cabelas sells Magpul picatiny rails for an AR... you can probably tap the dust cover on your TRP and just make a custom! Then you can take it off whenever you feel the need. If you dont want to do that, get a Miller welder and just weld on one of those MLock 2" rails... make sure to measure and check it twice so that its even and level.

After that, just get some Krylon or Duracoat and you will have yourself a really sweet one of a kind TRP that you can throw a laser, flashlight, bi-pod, or any other tacticool option on!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    On a kinder note.....Brownells has 2 or 3 offerings as to your needs.
    All require some skills to get mounted properly.
    I have used several of them and just did put one on the spouses new to her commander length 1911.

Here is an example...

I also have a green laser on mine. It required next to NO skill to get mounted, but it isn't available at Brownell's. ;) https://goo.gl/photos/m9yAXSgFqHPuEnco8

This is a really nice option IMO.

Top Bottom