• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    So this firearm is new i am the first owner. I have put almost 1000 rounds through it in about a month. I have had no jams or any kind of immediate problem. I have had 2 minor issues and i think it might just need to be wore in a little more but figured I would go on here and ask if anyone has any suggestions on if I should be concerned or give it more time.

1. Every once in a while the magazine has problems seating. Once i push the magazine release button a few times it seems to work fine.

2. Sometimes when i put the magazine in i give it a gentle yet firm bump to make sure it clicks in. (partially due to issue 1.) Not always but 3 times not the slide releases racking a round. This has always been at the range when I am ready to shoot again anyway. It does catch me by suprise. I have had no accidental discharges due to the fact that I take safety very serious and never put my finger in the trigger gaurd until I am ready to fire.

Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Beretta M9/92s are known for being able to seat the magazine and rack the slide in one motion. from my understanding if you do it at a forward angle hitting the back base of the grip it will consistently send the slide home racking a round in the chamber. Im not sure i would want to rely entirely on this in an emergency but it is there. I would not worry about that part as its common with all of them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The mag release is movable to the other side, so it sould be easy to take out and clean. Might have some grit in it.

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    The mag release is movable to the other side, so it sould be easy to take out and clean. Might have some grit in it.
    Even being factory new like it is? I was thinking about getting the extended mag release so I might just go that route in the future if it keeps having issues.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Many of the new guns I have purchased hav had some little bits of "stuff" leftover from manufacturing. I usually give them a good cleaning in advance of the 1st range trip just to be sure. Could be some random bit of grit in the mag release. Many semi autos will release the slide lock if you give the mag a good smack when reloading. Some shooters like it that way.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have been a Beretta fan for a long time, and have noted the same issues as you. Many times shoving a full mag in releases the slide.

Are the mags that have seating problem Beretta factory, MDS, or Mec-gar? If it is not one of the three it could be a mag issue. The three listed are all "factory mags" as both MDS and Mec-gar have or still make mags for Beretta (and others). I have several MDS that have exactly the same markings as the "PB" marked mags, except instead of the "PB" stamp it is stamped "MDS" with everything that follows exactly the same.

Check the floor plate of the mag to make sure it isn't hitting the bottom of the grip when you install it "softly".

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    With your mag seating problem, are you always seating it with the slide back, or is it forward some times? Reason I ask is I have seen guys trying to seat a topped off mag with the slide forward and they have trouble because the spring is nearly completely compressed.
    As for the magazine release being reversible. Yes, they are. However, if you have never done it before, it can be a bear. Especially on a new one.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I carried the Beretta the majority of my career in the Army and the slide releasing when vigorously inserting a loaded magazine is pretty common. I counted on it during qualifications to make the mag changes go quicker.

Top Bottom