• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    With Para Ordinance being bought out by Remington and the future of their double-stack 1911 in limbo, I have been looking at the new Rock Island Armory double stacks.
    I already have an old RIA double-stack, and it shoots great, but Para P14 mags don't fit it; they are supposed to fit the new RIA double-stacks though.

Any experience with these new pistols?

My plans are to get a threaded barrel fitted for my suppressor that is on order, and a milled in red dot sight.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Or look for a Springfield double stack. I had one and for some reason sold it. I had Gary Growe do a lot of work to it. He even fitted an Ed Brown beavertail to it. He also put novak cuts in it for better sights and fitted a match bushing. Then I sent it back to Springfield and had it refinished in Black T. Kinda wish I still had it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had several Para's in the mid 80's into the 2000's. They were well built and ran just fine. Then Para went to hell. I wish we still had a few of those as they had received some love. A good friend has one of them and runs the snot out of it.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I read online that PARA USA changed the feed ramp angle on the double stacks to a steeper angle and that introduced feeding issues that the Canadian models never had.

My RIA double stack has no ramp and feeds just fine.

I'll look into the Springer double stacks, didn't know they offered one.

Thanks

Top Bottom