• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jody

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2013
    Knox County
    Just wanting a few opinions out there....
    I'm looking at an 9mm 1911 for my next purchase.
    Colt was my first choice due to their reputation, quality and price.
    What do y'all think ?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Depends on the budget. Less then $1000 look at the Springfield RO. If your budget will allow I am a big fan of the SW1911 from Smith & Wesson. If you have the resources then just order up a Wilson Combat.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Colt Competition Pistol in 9MM or a Springfield Armory Range Officer with my preference towards the Colt after handling both today.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    My brother's STI is a real sweet shooter. If I were looking to purchase a 9mm 1911, the the Springfield would be my first choice.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Dan Wesson PM9. Or any 9mm Dan Wesson for that matter. You get a lot for your money (1300.00 or so) without the semi custom price.
    In my opinion and many others they are the best production 1911 pistols available.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You will hear some negatives but I'm very satisfied with the 9MM/22TCM Rock Island I have.. Great package and a great price with lifetime warranty.

[h=6][FONT=&amp] [/FONT][/h] [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee:)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My Mary shoots a Springfield RO in 9 and does very well with it, I did a light trigger job, mostly cleaning things up and added a Clark 4 finger sear spring, other than that it is unmodified. Also bought her 10 MecGar magazines for it and the function 100%.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    1911's in 9mm!!! The newest thing going, and I know why... They are awesome:). The problem is finding one that actually runs/works. Obviously I could say, look at a Wilson,Crafter, NH, or Brown... Those are often times out of most folks budgets though.

Because of that, It's not even close here... Dan Wesson PM9 or the new Dan Wesson Valor9 is my recommendation. Both are best in class at the sub 2k point. I think you can nab a PM9 for 1400 or so, and the Valor comes in around 1600.

No MIM, amazing lock up, tight, accurate, beautifully finished, both of those 1911's scream quality... And I have owned both... Overall, I can say they are right there with the 2-3k plus 1911's.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I have the Springfield Range Officer. I have shot 2 IDPA matches with it and practice at the range. I have run maybe 700 rounds through it. I have not had one single problem so far. No feed issues either. Absolute great pistol to shoot. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting a 1911 in 9mm. The only problem I had was with one of the factory mags, called Springfield and they sent me a new one and told me how to fix the old one. I also bought 4 Wilson Combat mags to go with it.

I also have a Colt Commander .45ACP so I would never steer you away from Colt. And my Dad has a Rock Island Baby Rock in .380 ACP and it is a great fun gun to shoot.

I guess it all boils down to what you want to spend and what you want to do with it after you get it. I bought mine because I always wanted a full size 1911 but decided since I already had a .45ACP I figured the 9mm would be a great addition to my collection. -Jason

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    You will hear some negatives but I'm very satisfied with the 9MM/22TCM Rock Island I have.. Great package and a great price with lifetime warranty.

[h=6][FONT=&amp] [/FONT][/h] [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee:)

I don't have the tcm package but do have a full size 9mm rock island tatical and have no complaints. 3.5 pound trigger and is accurate with no malfunction with 10 rounds into it so far.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    So far, it seems like Springfield may be more popular.

I really appreciate all the input.
    Thanks everyone !

SA has a quality product, but choosing the right model depends on your desired use.

The EMP Series has the 3" & now 4" models designed for carry, but take proprietary mags. The RO series has a few models: 5", Compact 4" with Officer's frame (requires using shorter mags to fit flush, or an adapter for standard mags to look right), and the 4" Champion (which takes a 4" barrel and mates with the full frame, allowing you to use standard mags without an adapter)...

Until this past week, I was looking at the RO Champion in 9mm as my next 1911. The only reason I changed my mind is because I found a well priced Wilson Combat Professional (low end for WC, but plenty of gun for me) that I couldn't pass on...

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I recently purchased a SA RO Champion in 9mm. Only able to put 100 rounds through it so far but it is a great shooter. The fit is fantastic. I don't think you can do any better for the money I spent.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    My Dan Wesson 9MM Guardian is smooth as glass, like the slide is on ball bearings. If I could find a Point Man or Valor in 9MM I would pick it up in second. Or any DW for that matter, they are well worth the money.

Top Bottom