• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    New at this year's IWA, BRNO Defense unviels a new 7.5 pistol. Sort of a mix of the CZ75 and the FN57.

Video at link (English): 7.5 FK Field Pistol from BRNO Defense - The Firearm Blog

640x520.jpg

What do you think, INGO?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Odd looking. I think I kinda like it. But a wildcat caliber with a funny name? Is this really intended to be a commercial enterprise? Will a carbine soon follow?

Plus, domestically, the natural ability to pierce body armor is just asking for new regulations. :(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Plus, domestically, the natural ability to pierce body armor is just asking for new regulations. :(

All kinds of rounds, pistol and rifle, can pierce body armor. My 12 year old nephew with an ice pick can do that.

It's the bullet construction that determines under federal law (and the coating under state law).

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I definitely like the looks of it, sort of old central Europe (think old Steyr or Frommer pistols) meets CZ75, with a touch of modern sweeping ergonomic controls, plus a cool and hopefully effective sight. I don't really like funky red color of the grips - I would prefer black or something else yet to be determined.

I like the performance numbers of the new cartridge.

Uses standard .30 cal projos, so lots of handloading possibilities. Case is 10mm Magnum trimmed to 26mm and necked down. Starline makes 10mm Mag brass, so that's a nice fall back if the caliber doesn't take off and factory ammo becomes unobtainable. Needs drop-in conversion barrels for 10mm and 9x25 Dillon (standard 10mm case necked to 9mm), all in a factory fitted case. For $1,200 to $1,500, I would be up for a kit like that, but most likely I'm just pipe dreaming and the price would end up being $2,500 at which point it would be a no-go for me.

Barrels for .357 Sig and .40 S&W might be a possibility if these shorter rounds will stack and feed from the mag properly...might be a good selling point for the non-reloading or price sensitive among us.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I like it.

Yep AmmoMan. First thing that came to mind when I saw it was some of the early European auto loaders. I'm really digging the style choice.

Proprietary ammo is kind of meh to me. Would prefer it in a more common chambering.

solarpimp

Plinker
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    Initially I thought it chambered for 5.7x28mm, but evidently it's a proprietary cartridge. I wonder how i9t measures up ballistics-wise to the 5.7x28mm?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Watching the new M.A.C. video on hand cannons and Mac said there will be a new polymer version of this pistol coming to the states at a more reasonable price. $1,500 was the amount mentioned.

Top Bottom