• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just picked up a new carry gun this week. So far, I've got 175 rounds through it and it has not had a single issue. Not that I expect it to have an issue, but I have had Glocks with teething problems before. Hopefully, it turns out to be as reliable as my 1911s have been. I grabbed this one because it's an SF frame, which fits my hands better than the standard G30. Plus, I already had the hosters I need from back when I had a G29SF. You have to love 10+1 rounds in a smallish handgun. I compared this to my son's Sig P320, which is also a 10+1 and it comes in nearly an inch shorter and 3/4 of an inch smaller in height.

This rounds out the Glock side of the collection with a G23, G27, G21 and now a G30. The 21 is an SF also.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I had one and it was a great gun but pinched my trigger finger every time I shot it. The only gun I've ever had do that. I decided to sell it after buying a G27 and using that as my edc. I carried it in a TT Gunleater OWB holster. I liked the flush 9 round mags for cc but man are they hard to find.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had one and it was a great gun but pinched my trigger finger every time I shot it. The only gun I've ever had do that. I decided to sell it after buying a G27 and using that as my edc. I carried it in a TT Gunleater OWB holster. I liked the flush 9 round mags for cc but man are they hard to find.

I might still have the flat mag base plates from when I upgraded my G29SF to have the pinky extensions. I'm going to see if I can find them and if so will see if it fits on one of the G30 mags. I'd love to have the option of a shorter grip, even if it does cost me a round.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what sights I want to run on it and whether or not I need to order another Kramer holster for it. I still have the Serpa holster from the G29 and that works well, but I like something closer to the body. Kramer Scabbards have been my go to holster for OWB carry. I might have to order one for this.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sweet Glock, man. I have been considering a G30 for some time now

Thanks. I'm really happy with this one so far. I've only run 175 rounds through it and only 25 of those have been carry ammo, but it's a very soft shooter. I sold my G29SF because it was far from being a soft shooter with full house 10mm and downloading the ammo to make it fun to shoot basically gave me another G23 in performance. The G30 is much more controllable, even with the 185g +P Golden Sabers I'll carry it with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I received a Glock Sport/Combat holster in the mail today and have been trying it out all day long. I'm surprised at how well it works for a $10 holster. It keeps the G30 up night and tight against my side and is about at the right height. Retention is maybe a bit more positive than I'm used to, but it still draws well. While I have no intentions of making this my permanent EDC holster, it could serve as such with little compromise if I wanted it to.

Sometimes you do get more than the price would suggest.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I just picked one up after getting rid of one years ago. I am amazed at how hard it is to find a holster at the LGS for it. Wondering if I made a mistake by not getting a 30s.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up the Glock competition/combat holster for mine on Amazon for about $10. I did not expect much, but have really come to like it. It holds the pistol nice and tight against my side and does not flop around like some other holsters I've tried.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Which size P320 you comparing it to? I think my P320C is not much larger at all than a G30SF. It's definitely thinner than a G30SF.

The 29/30 always feel very chunky in my hand. But then I actually shot a G30 and my opinion of it changed. It's an amazing shooter-- much softer recoil and better control than other smaller(ish) .45 carry guns. IMO, compare to a XD-s 45, the G30 is WAY better handling and shooting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son's 320 is a full size .45. It's a great gun, but seems like it should be a 12+1 instead of 10+1 given the size. My 30sf is one of my favorite Glocks and if I were to pick only one to live with, it would get the nod.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I picked up a G30S a few weeks ago with carry intents. Don't have many rounds through it yet, but working on it . So far, I like it. Had one years ago, just after they came out. Seemed overly blockly & found a new home. This new one for some reason, feels different, feels pretty damn good to me. I'm going to give this one a chance. Maybe have to give my XDS a new home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think Hohn kind of nailed it when he said that they feel different when being shot. To just hold one, they do feel blocky, but that seems to go away when shooting it. Glock triggers are the same way. To dry fire one next to a good 1911, they feel all spongy and gritty, but that seems to disappear when actually shooting one. For years, I avoided Glocks based on dry fire feel. Maybe it's the fact that when dry firing, I'm focused on the trigger and grip but when shooting, all of my focus is on the sight picture.

Top Bottom