• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I saw a CZ 1911 So now I am wondering how different are they from a Dan Wesson? Which got me to thinking how different is say a Heritage from a Valor? I know the website says its an affordable entry. I saw a Heritage in two tone Black frame and bronze slide and it was very nice.

So are the more expensive ones that much better. I m on the fence about buying a Vbob. I have the funds but I am having a hard time justifying spending that much money on a single 1911.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Better at what? Launching bullets? A 300 dollar 1911 can shoot bullets just as well as a 1000 dollar 1911.

There is such a huge market with 1911s one needs to be specific in ones question.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Better at what? Launching bullets? A 300 dollar 1911 can shoot bullets just as well as a 1000 dollar 1911.

There is such a huge market with 1911s one needs to be specific in ones question.

Not to come across as rude....but I rechecked it my question to the best of my knowledge is absent any statement about being better. My question seemed to me to be very succinct. Again I was asking what the differences were between a CZ 1911 and a Dan Wesson? From what I can tell both are quality 1911's so what is the difference? Do the Dan Wesson's go through additional quality control? Is the Finnish better? Seems like they all have the same warranty?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Speaking from an old man's perspective - 1911s have become very much like designer clothes and shoes and everything else consumers buy today. People today buy them primarily based on how they "look" without caring or knowing anything about how they "work". I find that hilarious. But it is the way it is. Way back when I worked on 1911s the only thing available for a very long time were Colt guns and Springfield Armory guns. Given a choice of all of the brands out there today I would still choose Springfield Armory over just about all of them except for Baer and Wilson. They still build a hell of a gun for the money.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Speaking from an old man's perspective - 1911s have become very much like designer clothes and shoes and everything else consumers buy today. People today buy them primarily based on how they "look" without caring or knowing anything about how they "work". I find that hilarious. But it is the way it is. Way back when I worked on 1911s the only thing available for a very long time were Colt guns and Springfield Armory guns. Given a choice of all of the brands out there today I would still choose Springfield Armory over just about all of them except for Baer and Wilson. They still build a hell of a gun for the money.

I tried a lot of Handguns before picking 1911. For me it was like shaking hands with a old friend. I practice with it weekly and I enjoy shooting it. I can take out eggs left and right very quickly. (We have chickens and we have too many eggs so I sometime use the like Skeets)

My Edc is a Ruger lightweight Cmd 1911 and to be honest it does every thing I want it to quite well it has never skipped a beat its more accurate than I am.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My understanding is that they are made with the same quality. The CZ 1911 is a GI model, so if you want a GI model with the quality of DW, it's the model for you. If you want the upgraded features of the newer model 1911's, you would need to step up to a true DW and get a heritage or better. 88E30M50 has the CZ 1911. I'm sure he'll wander in here eventually to give you more info... :)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I am a Springfield Armory guy. They have the best customer service and the best value for the money. Springfield rebuilt a 20 year old 1911A1 and paid shipping all on there dime. I didn't pay a single penny. The gun had so many rounds through it the firing control parts were just worn out. Turn around time was 8 days from the time I shipped it out.

I'll say I don't care much for Ruger's customer service. They wouldn't pay shipping on a gun that was defective out of the box because the gun was 2 years old.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Like WTB said, I have a CZ 1911 as well as a DW CCO. Internally, I cannot tell the difference between the two. Both are well done and have all tool steel internal parts. For all intents and purposes, the first production run CZ 1911s are nothing more than a Dan Wesson GI style 1911 with a different roll mark. If you are into straight slide serrations and GI style safeties, then you will love the CZ.

I have heard that it was only the first batch of CZ 1911s that were built by Dan Wesson, but I've seen no evidence of that personally. I do know that the first batch (and maybe all of them) are very well put together and may represent the best true GI style 1911 available south of the Turnbull built ones. I've got about a thousand rounds through mine and yet to have an issue. It's a very reliable gun.

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I agree. You can't beat Springfield's customer service. Had some issues with an XD. They took care of me.

I am a Springfield Armory guy. They have the best customer service and the best value for the money. Springfield rebuilt a 20 year old 1911A1 and paid shipping all on there dime. I didn't pay a single penny. The gun had so many rounds through it the firing control parts were just worn out. Turn around time was 8 days from the time I shipped it out.

I'll say I don't care much for Ruger's customer service. They wouldn't pay shipping on a gun that was defective out of the box because the gun was 2 years old.

Top Bottom